Chapter 44

"Izana?" Mikey stammers. "That can't be, there is no way that's him!?" Ran stutters. "He died twelve years ago..." Kakucho mumbles. His mind flashes back to the day Izana was shot during one of Tokyo's largest gang fights between the Tokyo Manji gang, Valhalla, and Izana's gang, Tenjiku. His pulse was non-existent when Kakucho, Izana's former right hand man, checked it. "I don't understand... H-he had no pulse..." Kakucho murmurs. Disbelief washed over him rapidly, his mind scattered all over the place. "I need you all to dig up any dirt on Izana Kurokawa!" Mikey orders the agents, they nod and scatter.

"Mikey, there's no way that can be Izana?" Draken's low voice mutters. They all watched him die, or so they thought, that fateful day. The day Mikey tried to plead with him to join Toman to help defeat Valhalla and forget his stupid vendetta against him, but before Izana could say anything, he was shot by an unknown man from Valhalla. They had no choice but to leave Izana behind as the police came. "If it is him and if he has y/n and Vanessa, we need to find him before anything happens to them." Mikey says worriedly.

"I'd watch how you speak to us, or your little friend will suffer each time." Kisaki laughs manically, wiping the back of his hand with his handkerchief. You grit your teeth, holding back all the vulgar things you want to shout. But you're too tired, your energy slowly depleting, hunger and thirst eating you alive as you hang there. You look at Vanessa still seeing her out cold, the blood dripping from her foot created a puddle underneath her. Your stomach churning as you see her fragile body dangling, you need to get her out of here before she loses too much blood.

You can hear the door slide open again, Kisaki and Muto's eyes watching in the direction of the door as you hear footsteps approach. A sinister smile on Kisaki's lips, while Muto continues his stoic expression. "Boss." Muto greets, bowing. Kisaki mirrors Muto, bowing to greet Izana. He just waves them off, dismissing them from the room. As they leave Kisaki purses his lips at you as he winks, you stare at him disgustingly.

Just wait until I get my hands on you... Fucking bastard.

"You're finally awake!" Izana says joyfully with a huge grin on his face. "I see this one over here is still sleeping..." Izana teases. "She was awake until your fucking lap dog hit her." you hiss through clenched teeth. "Tsk. Now, now, talk to me like that again and I'll slice your fucking tongue off." Izana says in a cold-blooded manner. You swallow the fear you felt with his frigid words. You knew that he wasn't someone you'd want to challenge especially when you're in this vulnerable position. In order to make it out of here alive you had to choose your words carefully, and make smart, cautious moves.

Fine, if he wants to play a game. Then let's play.

"What do you want with us?" you say hopelessly. Izana walks up to you slowly, grabbing your chin forcing you to stare into his large, purple orbs. "I heard Bonten had a new queen." his eyes slowly study your face, admiring your beauty. He didn't realize how beautiful you were until he was up close and personal, breathtaking is all he could think. "You see, my ultimate goal is to take down Bonten and gain power over Tokyo," he confessed. His eyes filled with a menacing look, "and I will also see to my brother's demise, if it's the last thing I do."..."And what better way then to take away his prized possession." he laughs manically.

"Brother?" you wince, trying to pick yourself up to relieve the tension in your arms, but fail. "Manjiro Sano is his name, but you already know that since you're Bonten's little play thing." he teases. Izana let's go of your chin, he slowly saunters over to Vanessa, caressing her face as she's still knocked out cold, his eyes gazing at her sleeping form, "Unfortunately, this one here was just collateral. I really don't have any use for her." Izana says coldly, pulling out his gun, cocking it as he points it at Vanessa. You wiggle aggressively trying to kick the gun out of Izana's hands, "NO! DON'T!" you scream. Izana tilts his head to you, raising one of his brows as he smirks. "Please don't, I'll do whatever you want, just please let her go. Take me instead, I don't care what you do to me, kill me for all I care but please, please don't hurt her." you cry, your chest hurting as you feel your heart literally break. Izana laughs internally, he had a feeling Vanessa meant something to you, or else you wouldn't have let your guard down so easily when Izana shot her. You fell right into his trap. He was using Vanessa to break you, to get you to submit to him. He lets out a chuckle, "I'm not going to kill you. But what I do want is for you to be my personal slave."