Chapter 14

"Hey what the fuck are you guys doing? Let me go!" the man screams. Kaku and Koko strap the man into a chair, as you observed. You weren't sure if you were up for watching but your curiosity got the best of you. 

"LET ME GO! HELP!" He screams.

"Stop screaming, no one will hear you." Koko stammers, rubbing his temples in annoyance, then punching the man in the throat. The man coughs at the suddenness of Koko's hand to his throat.

"y...ack... What the fuck, man." He coughs.

You stand near the door, observing Kaku and Koko. They both remove their jackets, rolling up their sleeves, revealing their veiny forearms and large, rugged hands. You pant at the site of these muscular men working. Kakucho glances at you.

"Y/n you don't have to stay here. It's gonna get pretty ugly." Kaku states.

"I wanted to see what the Bonten men do for work, and if it includes this, then I want to stay." You voice.

They both nod. Kaku pulls out his gun pointing it at the man, cocking it.

"Alright Sato, where is our fucking money?" Kaku asks.

"Look, I told you, I'm working on it." He stammers, fear paints his face white.

"You haven't worked hard enough." Koko spits.

"You owe us over 100 million yen."

"Look, I-I-I will get your money, just g-give me some more time." He stutters.

"You're out of time." Kaku hisses, shooting the man in the foot. You jump at the loud sound coming out of the barrel. You hear a blood curdling scream leave his mouth.

"Now, tell us where our money is." Koko barked.

"I have some hidden away in my apartment, please, it's in my mattress." He pleads, trying to spare his life.

"P-plea-"

*Bang*

The man's head goes limp from the bullet that just flew through it, blood and brains splattering all over the back of the room, and onto Kaku and Koko. You shudder at the sight, trying to hold back the vomit that wanted to escape your mouth. You look away for a moment to calm yourself.

"Y/n, you okay?" Koko queries, looking at your green face.

"Mhmm." Still nauseous, you try to suppress the feeling.

"I don't know if I'm cut out for this." Pondering in your thoughts. "But if I want to be a part of Bonten and gain power, this is what I need to get used to. I can't go back now."

"Hey y/n, why don't you go get us some drinks while we clean ourselves up. It'll help take the edge off." Kaku suggests, seeing that you're still green. You nod, stumbling out of the room, trying to choke back the vomit. You regain composure and make your way to the bar.

You arrive at the bar, motioning for the bartender.

"One shot of tequila and three gin and tonics, make them strong please." You ask, giving the bartender a gentle smile.

"Rough night?" He chuckles.

"You could say that." letting out a sarcastic giggle.

You throw back the shot of tequila, trying to keep it from coming back up. But it really did take the edge off, helping you to relax. You make your way back to the room with the drinks, walking carefully so that they didn't fall out of your hands.

You let out a deep sigh. "Okay, I got this. I can handle this. I wanted this lifestyle. As crazy and sadistic all these fuckers are, I can't help but feel attached to them," chewing over your thoughts.