Chapter 24

*Knock*

You listen for a command to enter Mikey's room. After a minute of silence, you knock once more, entering at the same time.

"Hey, Mik-"

Your eyes look over to Mikey who's slouched against his headboard on his bed, his eyes glued to his phone. You clear your throat and approach him. For some reason you wanted to cry seeing him, you missed him that much. You arrive at the side of his bed, his gaze still stuck on his phone.

"Hey, Mikey. I made you some dorayaki." You mumble, extending your arms so the plate was right at his side, a huge grin plastered on your face. 

He side-eyes the plate.

Hehe, got him!

He grabs one without looking at you, taking a bite. He chews slowly at first, you can see his eyes brighten up as he continues to chew. After he swallows he takes a bigger bite, chewing faster. He devours the treat without saying a word. He reaches for another one, which makes you smile. He could have as many as he wanted since you mainly made them for him. You sigh, setting the plate on the nightstand. You sit on the bed facing Mikey.

"Are you really not going to talk to me?" You ask in a sad tone, you can feel a tear pooling at the corner of your eye.

His eyes meet yours, he looks at you in an expressionless manner, shrugging his shoulders.

"C'mon Mikey. We're not twelve. Let's talk about it."

He sits up straight, setting his phone down.

"Alright, y/n let's fucking talk about it." He hisses.

"Mikey..." You gasp.

"Let's talk about how you lied to m- to us."

"Let's talk about how you went on a date, what? am I- I mean are we not enough?"

His voice is getting louder and angrier.

"Let's talk about how you would be dead if I- we didn't make it on time."

"L-look I'm sorry Mikey."

"I thought the date was harmless... you know... considering none of you are my boyfriends." You stammer, rubbing the back of your neck.

You then cross your arm over your chest, rubbing your hand on your arm to comfort yourself. The tears begin to fall, you felt guilty for lying, felt shame, felt anger. So many emotions flowing through you.

Mikey scoffs, rolling his eyes at you.

"What?" you question through the tears.

"Nothing." Mikey hisses.

"Why are you crying?" he asks coldly.

You wipe the tears off your cheeks.

"I'm not crying." You sniffle.

You got up to walk out, you needed to clear your head and you felt as if Mikey needed more space.

"Y/n. wait." Mikey sighs, making his way to you. He grabs your wrists, turning you back to face him.

"Look, I'm not mad at you, okay."

"I'm mad at myself for not being able to protect you when you needed it." He sighs, his hand caresses your cheek as he wipes away the tears.

"I've never done this."

"I've never cared for someone like this before." He confesses.

"And right now I feel like a piece of shit, because I didn't save you sooner." He drops his head down.