Chapter 39

As soon as you stand, your body feels like it's being weighed down by cinder blocks, the room turns pitch black. Your body gives way, hitting the floor, the sound of your body reverberating throughout the room. "Y/n?" Mikey yells from the bathroom, he stops what he's doing, waiting for a response. When he didn't hear you, he rushed to see what happened. His eyes widened in horror seeing your delicate frame on the floor. 

"Y/n! Y/n!" he yells, flipping you over, shaking you to wake, but you weren't waking. Mikey begins to panic, checking your pulse, your skin scalding hot as he rests his fingers on your wrist. He places his ear near your lips to see if you're still breathing, relief washing over him when he feels your breath hit his ear. 

But you're still not waking, making him scared shitless. "Shit!" he yells under his breath, scooping you up and setting you on the bed. He grabs his phone from his pants pocket, his fingers trembling as he dials quickly. He was terrified he took it too far and that he hurt you, he would never forgive himself if anything happened to you.

"Hello?"

"It's me Manjiro..." he says in a low, rigid tone, trying to calm his panicking heart.

"Manjiro? Is everything okay?"

He lets out a shaky sigh, "No."

"Mr. Sano, what's wrong? what happened?" Dr Hara asks worriedly.

"Y-y-y/n, s-she's not- something is wrong. I think she's passed out, her skin is burning up, and her lip is bleeding." his tone frantic, he managed to get the words out. His hand pressed to his forehead as he paces. 

"Manjiro, is she breathing?"

"Y-yes." now running his hand through his hair, while he continues to pace the floor.

Dr Hara releases the breath she was holding, "Okay, Manjiro... Listen carefully, make sure you lay her flat, prop her legs up with a pillow, wet a rag and set it on her forehead. I'll be there as soon as I can." Dr Hara instructs, hanging up the phone as she rushes back.

Mikey hangs up, doing exactly what Dr Hara instructed. He grabs one of his shirts quickly, covering your bare body. He straightens your body out, making sure to prop your legs, he runs to his bathroom grabbing a washcloth. He runs back quickly, fixing your hair from your face before placing the rag on your forehead. "I'm sorry y/n." he whispers.

*Ding*

All the men's eyes jerk to the front door.

"What the fuck?" Sanzu says.

"Who would be at the door at this fucking hour?" Rindou speaks sharply.

They all stand, Ran and Takeomi's hands resting on the guns that are sitting in the rim of their pants. Sanzu and Rindou draw their guns, slowly approaching the door. They signal the others to stand guard, Kakucho and Koko mirroring them now with their guns drawn. Sanzu approaches the door, opening it quickly, "Who the fu-" before Sanzu can finish what he's saying, Dr Hara kicks the gun out of Sanzu's hand. "What the fu-" Sanzu mumbles as his eyes meet Dr Hara. "Tohru, what are you doing back here?" Rindou queries. "Take me to Manjiro, immediately." She orders, barging into the mansion. "Why? What happened?" Kakucho asks. "Just take me to him!" she snaps back. Without another word, Sanzu and the others lead Dr Hara to Mikey's room. All of them curious as to why Dr Hara has returned.

"Mikey, Dr Hara is he-" Sanzu's words halt as he sees your sickly looking body laying on Mikey's bed, "What happened!?" Sanzu yells, rushing to your side, his heart drops as he grabs your wrist to check for a pulse. Relieved to feel your veins pulsing. "I don't know." Mikey murmurs. "I left for a moment to go run us a bath, came back and she was on the floor." Mikey was almost on the verge of tears, he was so scared he hurt you. Unknowingly you were just fucked out and your body was paying the price. The others rush to the bedside, Dr Hara pushes herself through. "Excuse me gentlemen, I need to check on her." Dr Hara vocalized, trying to squeeze through the men.