Walk To Happiness

(All Tommy relationships are platonic!!)

"Becca are you sure I look alright?"

"You look fine"

I sighed looking in the mirror. I was in the backroom looking at myself waiting for the wedding to start. Minx was helping me out and cheering me on. I looked at the red roses that matched Techno's tie at least that's what I was told. I haven't seen him for a day, instead, Minx and I got drunk hanging out with each other. I sighed and fixed myself looking out the window.

"Hey y/n? can we talk real quick," Clay said before glancing at Minx "Alone"

Minx looked at Clay then back to me raising an eyebrow crossing her arms, I gave her a resurging smile so she got the hint I was okay. She rolled her eyes and glared at Clay before leaving.

"Don't do something stupid" Minx said before walking out the room, after she left I looked over at Clay.

"what's up?" I asked crossing my arms

"I have to tell you something," he said looking at the ground

"Clay you're scaring me," I said panic in my eyes.

"You said I can tell you anything at one point right?"

"I mean yeah you're a close friend of mind"

"Promise you won't stop talking to me?"

"I won't I promise"

"I like you-"

"Cl-"

"let me finish" He cut me off. "I liked you when you helped me be a better person. When you forgave me for the fucked up things I did. When you let me come over to your house even if I invited myself. That one time when you threw me a small birthday party with the smallest cake you made."

"Clay..."

"But I accepted I can't have you, you aren't mine to take. Your not mine to walk up the altar and marry me. You don't belong with me. You belong with the man you'll see soon as you walk up the to the alter in your pretty dress, in the veil that you fell in love it because it had a tint of red." A single tear ran down his cheek.

I pulled him into a hug to which he of course hugged me back tightly. I felt a few tear jobs land on me as I rubbed his back. He pulled away holding my shoulders a smile painted on his face a sincere one.

"Now go out there and marry the one you're meant to marry"

"I'm sorry Clay"

"For what?"

"Breaking your heart"

"I broke my own" Clay turned to the door. "I'll see you soon."

Clay left the room wiping his eye one more time. Tommy came in concerned and confused, Minx followed after him. Tommy smiled softly and hugged me. Minx fixed my hair and veil for the last time.

"Good Luck Y/n," Minx said in her bridesmaid dress. "You look pretty"

"Thank you, Becca. You look pretty too"

She just smiled and waved walking out. Tommy looked at me.

"Well, here we go," Tommy smiled tearing up. "Let's go make Wilbur proud"

"Oh, Tommy" I hugged him.

"Your gonna be happy and be with Techno together officially"

"Yeah" I sniffled hugging him tightly one last time. I pulled away and looked at Tommy as he held his arm out.