Chapter 21 -two options

Start from the beginning

Because he made it as comfortable as possible for me, it didn't even hurt. It was pleasurable. After that our relationship advanced, we seemed like a mated couple without the actual mark. He taught me the art of hunting and fighting. He taught me how to be stealthy and how to steal.

It was after a few months that I saw his true nature seeping through. He didn't want me to go back to Jenny anymore and manipulated me into staying. Strangers surrounded us more and more and that's when he started spouting nonsense about forming a pack.

I always have been secretive about my life. Even the one I fell in love with didn't know where I came from and why I became a rogue. Only Jenny knew.

Leonardo noticed my doubt about us forming a pack and then he started about becoming Alpha and I taking the Luna role. I panicked, I didn't want it.

I wanted that role once before but was rejected by Declan.  And thus I ran, didn't get far.

Leonardo easily tracked me down and that's when hell started for me. I was put back in the cave, beaten, and fucked until I submitted to him. He tried marking me twice but I rejected it every time.  It was a painful process, but after two times he gave up. If you reject a mark, it feels like numerous knives are tickling your bones. It feels like your blood is boiling and every muscle is sore. It's the most pain I have ever been in. And I went through it twice.

I almost died the second time. No, I should have died. But somehow I held on. I don't even know what.

Rejecting a mark meant I was in excruciating pain for days and because of the stress I never ovulated. And if I did, it never took. During these months, more people showed up and I estimated the pack back then to be around forty rogues.

I knew it would be tough to get away but I needed to leave. I couldn't be that frightened girl. Thus I acted as if I accepted the role of Luna, I acted as if I was afraid of the mark and told Leonardo I'd become his Luna without a mark. I'd bear him pups and follow his lead.

Many nights we made, in his eyes, love. While I was puking from the inside. But for my plan to succeed, I needed to gain his trust. I acted as if I loved him and his beatings stopped. My period returned somewhat to normal and we thought I was pregnant. But it was just my body deceiving me, it never worked. I was still very stressed out and scared out of my mind.

This time he was very careful with me. Even though he went on hunts, he had people watching me all the time. I was allowed to walk a little in front of the cave, but even then there were many watching me. And then I made up my mind.

If I want a life, I need to go now or even die trying. And that's how I learned the art of seduction. I seduced Leonardo, I bedded him like it was willingly.

During a walk, I 'tripped' and took a piece of a certain flower that is called wolfsbane. Just the flower alone isn't harmful but smothering the leaves and preserving the juices emerging can harm us a little. It's like the effects of silver but not as severe.

I coated a knife in it and hid it. I seduced the crap out of Leonardo and while riding him I stabbed him right into his ankle. I made sure to twist the blade as he taught me.

It made it a lot harder to heal. It would give me extra time.

He howled in pain and while it alerted the pack, I was already on the move. I made sure to roll in the mud and anything I came across. I didn't care I was only wearing a t-shirt. I had to get out of here.

Even fresh deer shit. I rolled in it.

Yes, to survive I rolled in deer shit.

I hid for four days before emerging, I was too afraid to move. I was on high alert all the time and when I found Jenny's corpse I knew I had to run even farther than I could.