Elena had fallen asleep in the car on the way back to her kingdom. Kol was happy because he knew that she had been having a long few weeks. When they arrived to the Gilbert Castle. The guards opened the gates allowing them in. 

He could see Grayson and Liliana waiting along with Elena's sisters and brother. He reached over gently shaking her. He was happy she had slept the entire way knowing what was awaiting her. "Hey, we're here."

She opened her eyes looking around. She saw that they had arrived at the castle and that her family was waiting. Nodding the two got out of the car. 

"I'm happy you two made it safely." Grayson was not aware of why the two had decided to come earlier but he was happy to have them.

Jeremy walked over to his sister he hadn't really gotten the chance to talk to her since before she and Kol had went away. "You ok?"

"If you're asking if I talked to her I'm not interested." She didn't care for anything her mother had to say, she didn't feel she could say anything that could change her mind. 

"Talk to who?" Lilian questioned she was curious as to who Jeremy wanted to know if she had talked to.

"None of your business. Dad, I think me you and Jeremy need to have a chat." She knew that this was something that was just between the three of them. "Just us three."

"You can't come here-"

"To my kingdom and my dad, i need to talk to him. You are no longer queen that was the deal remember if he were to marry your daughters you wouldn't care." She wasn't in the mood to play games with either of them right now she was queen this was her kingdom and she dared them to try to tell her otherwise. "Cause they're both selfish just like you. I'm queen remember don't worry about it what me and my twin need to talk to our father about is none of your business."

"Anthony will be your personal guard." Grayson knew Anthony was one of the few guards his daughter actually liked and could stand. 

"Good he's the only one of them I trust anyways." She didn't think she would trust the other guards to actually listen to what she had to say.

"I'll have him show y'all to your wing and then you and Jeremy can meet me down in my office." He wasn't sure what the two wanted to talk to him about but it sounded as if it was important.

"Alright."

--

She walked into her dad's office seeing Jeremy already seated she closed the door mumbling a spell. To make sure no one could hear what it was they were about to talk about.  Before taking a seat next to her brother. 

"So what is it the two of you want to talk to me about?" Grayson smiled slightly it was rare of him to see both of his children in the same place unless it was a special event.

"Mom." Jeremy and Elena said simultaneously they both watched as his face fell they knew it was a soar subject for him.

"What about your mother?" Grayson didn't like talking about Miranda it always brought up bad memories.

"She didn't die did she." Elena was sure that her mother just abandoned them that she left her children and her husband.

"Elena." Grayson didn't ever think he would have to tell this to them.

Elena knew she wasn't dead she ran into her mother she had an entire panic attack over it. "I know she didn't because she changed her name to Rachel and showed up at the Mikaelson Castle to see Esther and wasn't supposed to run into me."

"It's complicated." Grayson didn't even know how to begin to describe what had happened 19 years ago.

"What's complicated about it?" Elena was confused she didn't get what he was saying what was complicated she had decided she didn't want a family.