Elena and Kol were in the car and had been driving for hours. Within the last 20 minutes he had made her put on a blindfold saying that she couldn't know where they were at and it was going to be a surprise. "Can you uncover my eyes now?"

"Almost." He wanted to make this special for her knowing that she had already been going through a lot as of late. 

"Where are we going?" She was not the biggest fan of surprises especially considering what had happened recently.

"It's time for our honeymoon and i took extra care to make sure that this was special for you." He wanted to do something that he knew that she would like. 

"Alright." She would trust him on this if he wanted to make it special for her she would try and let him.  

--

Jenna went and sat next to Esther who was looking through something. She wanted to talk to her sister she understood that her niece and nephew wanted nothing to do with her but she needed an explanation from her sister. "Is it to much to ask for you to bring her here?" 

Esther looked at her she could only imagine what was going through her head. This was her sister and she was sure that she hadn't liked how her sister had just up and left her son and daughter. "If you want me to I'll have her ordered to be here."

"I do i want to know what made my sister lie and abandon her kids." She had taken her nephew in and prayed that her niece would be alright in the castle. She wanted them to be what her sister would have wanted and now finding out that her sister wasn't dead she was angry. "I want to know what was going through her mind when she did it."

"I'll have the guards arrange it." If Jenna wanted to talk to her sister she would see that it happened. 

--

Kol was guiding Elena she was still yet to know where they were. "Are we almost there?"

"Yes, we are?" He was sure that she was going to like this and he wanted to share it with her.

"Ok." She was ready to see what the big surprise was he had for her.

He stopped letting her face it he was happy the two of them were just going to get to enjoy this. "You ready?"

"Yeah." She could smell that they weren't in the city anymore but besides that, her sight had always been her best sense.

"I'm going to take it off but I need you to keep your eyes closed." He wanted to get to see the look on her face when she finally opened her eyes. 

"Ok." She could do that knowing she was going to get to see it soon enough.

He took off the blindfold, moving to stand beside her. "You can open your eyes now."

Her eyes fluttered open as she looked around. She saw that they were at a cabin and from the look of it she could tell she was already going to love it. "Is this yours?"

He loved the cabin but there was another part of this place that he loved more. "My family's cabin let me show you the best part."

"Ok." She was excited that he was sharing this with her.

He took her hand guiding her around the cabin. Down a trail. "Can you tell me or is this a surprise too?" Not that she was complaining she was happy he wanted to show her this.

"Just wait and see." He knew this was his favorite part of coming here and had the feeling it would soon ber hers too.

"Ok."

"Close your eyes."

"Ok." She closed her eyes again as he guided her down the path. 

They stopped and she heard him moving around some branches before continuing to walk. She heard what sounded like water before they stopped again. He moved her to stand in a specific spot standing next to her. "You can open them?"

She opened her eyes gasping it was a waterfall. And it was beautiful.  "Oh, my god."

"I used to come up here just to watch this it was the best distraction." He knew with all his siblings and responsibilities having a place to just get away that was for himself was crucial.

"It's so pretty." It was beautiful and she was happy he was sharing his sacred spot with her.

He had been happy to have this place to just sit and watch helped him to calm down and not worry about everything else. "Yeah just sit at the edge watch the water go and forget about everything that's going on around me."

"You needed the distraction." She knew the feeling it was half the reason she used to sneak out wanting to know more than just the castle. 

"After they said ok you are going to be king I didn't know what to do and coming here sure helped." He hadn't even had a say in the decision they made it for him. So he figured if it helped him maybe it could help her to with everything that was happening. "Figured it would be a nice distraction for you."

"It already is." It was true what they said water was more than just the calm before the storm.

"How about we go rest and then later we can come back and go for a swim." He knew it would help clear their heads and it was fun.

She chuckled slightly looking over to him she knew this trip was going to be amazing. "Is that all we're going to do?"

"Amongst other things."