Elena was looking at the dress in the mirror. She had to much on her mind right now and she still had to address her new kingdom. Kol went behind her wrapping his arms around her waist and leaning his head on her shoulder. "You look fine."

"I should have gone with a different style." Maybe it was all her nerves hitting her at once but she didn't see this going well. 

Kol knew why half the town didn't like his family but she wasn't them and she had a heart a gold he had no doubts about her winning them over. "Elena you are freaking out over nothing they are going to love you."

"Yeah and if they don't they are not going to tell me because i descend the Sommer-Gilbert witch line. That dates back to the Petrova's so they don't want to get on my bad side." Even if they didn't like her she would never know because they would be scared of her. 

"Elena." He didn't want her to worry he knew that she already had enough on her plate with the return of her mother. 

"I know I know it's just it's a lot at once especially since she's alive and not dead." Year after year she had always lived knowing that her mother was dead she had died giving birth. To find out that wasn't the truth was hard for her. "I always thought i would never know her and she's alive she's been alive this whole time."

"Everything is going to be fine." He knew that they were going to like them she was certainly one of the better additions to the family as of late.

"Right, i just need to focus on one thing at a time." She knew that he was right she was just worrying to much and that wasn't going to be good for her. She needed to think of the good things that were occurring in her life right now. "You ready?"

"Let's go." He let go of her taking her hand and leading her downstairs to where the rest of the family was minus Klaus.

"Where's Caroline?" Caroline seen Bonnie but she did not see her blond best friend. 

"She should be having a fun conversation with Klaus lets go." And while Hayley found this comical she was not in it. 

--

Caroline was sitting on the bed and Klaus was sitting on the floor looking up at her. And while Caroline knew that she would have to have this conversation eventually she was still terrified.  "Can you say something?"

"What am i supposed to say?" He didn't even know where to start she had left right after finding out and he didn't know how he was supposed to feel about that. 

"Anything but look at me like that." She just needed him to say something she knew that she had taken the wrong approach but she had never expected for this to happen. It was supposed to be fun and then she went back home back to her boring old life. 

"What am i supposed to say?" She had left she had seen it and she had left and didn't even bother to say anything to him about it. 

"I got scared i ran but i don't know y'all I don't know this life. My last boyfriend cheated on me." Caroline knew that Elena was always supposed to become the queen that was her future. She was ready to give it up and found herself being mated to the prince. While the whole mated thing was new to her it suited her she was ready for it. Caroline however had been through to many horrible relationships that all ended in her being hurt, "Elena knew this life she knew what she was coming into she was the princess she knew what it was like but I'm new to this."

"Was I just supposed to see it when you left?" He was yet to figure out how she had thought this would have happened. He just wanted her to explain it to him. 

"No, i thought you would see it beforehand." She had honestly thought he would have seen it the same day but she just had got lucky. She didn't know what she was supposed to do next being mated to someone she barely knew and she certainly had never imagined this life for herself. It was more than she could handle at the time. "I was just terrified."

"Well unfortunately for us my daughter saw it first and then her mother." And he knew how funny Hayley thought this was. 

"I was going to tell Hayley and Elena i had told Bonnie first and she had helped to ease my nerves. But the two of them had been through this and i was hoping they could give me something." She needed to understand it more she knew the little she had learned from them while in Mystic Falls. But while she knew it was possible for her as a vampire she had never actually thought that it would happen.  "Elena never dated so meeting her soulmate her first time that was great for her. But for me every guy that i dated hurt me that's why i don't date one-night stands that's it and that was all I thought it was going to be and now. I'm just scared." She didn't know how to handle this. 

Klaus sighed getting up and going to sit next to her. "I'm not those guys Caroline I'm not going to intentionally hurt you."

"But one thing that's different now is this is forever." Before it was as simple as she never wanted to see them again and they were breaking up. But this was a mate bond and this was so different than anything that she had previously gone through. "So if something ever happens and you decide differently I'm going to be hurt."

"I'm not going to willingly hurt you, Caroline." The mate bond was sacred to his family and he wasn't going to hurt or at least he wasn't going to try to. 

"I'm sorry." She knew that she should have just come and talked to him instead of leaving and trying to distance herself.

"This isn't only new to you it's new to me to" He knew that  mate bond was new to both of them but he wanted to give it a try. 

--

They had arrived and it was time for them to address everyone. "You ready for this it's time for New Orleans to meet their new Queen." 

"Yeah, I'm ready." She was ready for this it was something that she had always been training for. 

They had asked for the whole town to join together for this. Rebekah went and stood on the table. She was introducing them. "Hello, our dear citizens of New Orleans it's with great pleasure that we introduce you to our new queen and king my brother, and his new darling wife Elena Mikaelson. Elena." Rebekah stepped down.

Kol took Elena's hand helping her to step up. She knew that this was new for them they might have heard of her but they had never truly met her. "Hello Everyone i am Elena Mikaelson formally Gilbert. i am the daughter of King Grayson Gilbert and his late wife Miranda Gilbert. I am sure most of you know the witch line that I descend from The Petrova-Gilbert line. One of the most powerful witch lines across our land. I am your new queen. " Everyone started to applaud Kol helped Elena to step down and they start to greet people. 

--

Jenna and Jeremy arrived back at the castle the guards opened the door for them. "The entire family is out doing a city gathering they should be back shortly." 

"Alright thank you."

--

They walked back into the Castle going into the foyer seeing Jenna and Jeremy waiting. Jenna looked at her niece she knew that this could have not been easy for her.  "She's alive."

Elena nodded slightly she knew that this was a shock for them. "Yes, I saw her yesterday."

"And?" Jenna knew that Elena's reaction to that could not have been pretty. Elena had been deeply hurt by what had happened to her mother. 

Elena took a breath she was still angry about what had happened and she knew that her aunt could tell. "And I shouted threw down my necklace and flashed away."

Jeremy walked over to his sister giving her a hug.  He knew that this couldn't be easy for her. "Are you ok?"

She shook her head hugging him back they both had to deal with their mother's death and it wasn't easy for either of them. "No."

"Have you talked to her?" Jeremy knew that his sister would have a lot to say to their mother. 

She let him go shaking her head she wasn't sure if she could. Her mother being back changed everything and she didn't want to hear any excuses. "I can't all i have ever known is that she died giving birth to me and that she was this great woman and now I am finding out that she never died and that she has been alive all this time it hurts. I can't talk to her not right now."

"Then don't i know I'm not," He had no interest in hearing what his mother had to say,