71. 𝘕𝘌𝘞 𝘊𝘖𝘔𝘗𝘈𝘕𝘠

(No one's POV)

y/n was hunched over Dabi's files when she heard her phone ding. She frowned, it was a text from her brother containing an address and time. "That's a few streets from town square, five hours from now.." She muttered, already putting out her suit. "I have about four to replicate the serum then. Gotta kick the nasty habit of leaving things last minute.." She sighed.

She opened her little safe and took out the vial. It had blood spatters on it, a reminder of the heinous and bloody fight she had to go through with Overhaul. The tiny glass container slid into her pocket, and she made sure the room was tidy before leaving to sneak off into the lab. Almost everyone was out on patrol given the work studies. They were under the guise that y/n was with Pro-Hero Miruko though.

Still, she was cautious while walking around the dorms. "Back so early? I thought your patrol wasn't supposed to end till 9?" y/n froze at Aizawa's voice, silently cursing herself for being caught. But when she looked around, she realised he wasn't talking to her. "Oh, we cleared the street with Mr. Yoroi so he let us rest early.." Hagakure's voice spoke up. Aizawa grunted and sent her off to her room before walking away.

y/n held in a sigh of relief as she watched the two of them walk away from her hiding place. 'So she's doing work studies with the number 9 hero..' She observed before continuing her sneaking. 'Jeez, I've sure been doing a lot of sneaking lately. It's tiring, how does Keigo do this all the time.' She complained mentally while picking the lock to the lab. A soft click was heard. Followed by a silent cheer from y/n.

The lab was cold and silent while she walked. She kept trying for three hours, but it wasn't getting to the right colour and consistency. 'Fucking stupid formula. Why couldn't I have bought this from the black market like a normal person. I'm sure the commission wouldn't have noticed..' y/n jumped, hearing the clank of a vial spilling.

She frowned, watching the spilled contents mix with another liquid. "Hold on.." The liquid was turning the same colour as the quirk amplifier. Hurriedly, she gathered the liquid in a container and grabbed a needle. The needle was filled with a few droplets of the liquid, enough to last about 10 minutes. "Here goes nothing.." She whispered, holding the needle towards a vein. She gulped, injecting the liquid into her hands.

The needle clattered as it hit the ground, y/n doubled over next to it. She groaned, wrapping her arms around her body. The effects were instant, she felt a burning feeling spread through her feathers. 'Alright get it together y/n, I only have like an hour left to get ready and go..' She told herself, gripping onto the edge on the lab table and hoisting herself up.

Grabbing a feather, her eyes widened. Another one had instantly grown in replacement. She grabbed a pen and quickly scribbled in her journal 'faster feather regrowth'. She then metalized a feather to see what would happen. "Ow.." y/n winced, glancing at the small bleeding scratch on her finger. "Christ, I barely even touched it.." Whispered the girl as she wrote down what happened.

"Hell.." The clock was ticking, she had to get to the meeting place quickly. She quickly pocketed a needle and a vial of her freshly made quirk amplifier. When the lab was clean and showed no sign of her having been there, she ran off to her room. After slipping into her suit, packing the serum and a few weapons, she leaped off into the cold night air.

"Just on time, as always." Keigo chuckled, patting her on the back. "Hm, unlike others." She replied, eyeing him. He rolled his eyes. "So, have you gotten Dabi's trust yet?" y/n asked while following her brother. He paused for a second, recalling his encounter with the number 3 hero. "Yeah." y/n didn't prod any further. "So what are we doing here?" She asked, referring to the roof of the building that they landed on.

"Dabi told me to meet him here. He said to bring you with me. I'm pretty sure he wants to test your loyalty, so be careful." He responded. y/n grabbed his shoulder, making him turn towards her. "What's with you Keigo. You're acting weird. Spit it out." Her grip was tight, and for a second Keigo was shocked. He wasn't used to seeing y/n's serious side at all, especially that sharp look in her eye.