Shouldn't Have Done That

Requested By N/A

Steve hurts his knee during the Thanksgiving Day stream.

Disclaimer: This is based on the fact that he popped his knee which in past stuff like his sp7 and source fed stuff he has mentioned having bad knees. Not saying that this is how the actual events played out or if they actually happened. It is a fanfiction after all.

WARNING: Knee pain, Angst, self anger, embarrassment, Joint popping.

•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•

Maybe he shouldn't have done that. He was regretting it the moment he had done it. He couldn't let on that he hurt himself though. Then they would think he was stupid. So he stayed silent. He still agreed to go on the hike, the hike he planned. He still did a whole lot of walking. He shouldn't have and he knows that, but he did. Maybe he should have opened up. Maybe. But he didn't. Which led him to walking along the rocky terrain on the hike. It was an easier hike but still a lot of stress on the knees, let alone a hurt knee. He should have known his knee would act up, with all his past knee troubles. He should have known. He didn't. He in the moment forgot what popping his knee could do.

It was his fault. He was walking on the rocky terrain as they all talked. He was listening to Apollo talk about his plane ride and how excited he was to get here to spend time with them. The words just dug a hole into his gut. He couldn't tell Apollo, especially now. Not after learning how excited he was. It hurt to know that. He wanted to pretend that everything was okay. Maybe if he did, it would all just stop. That would be nice, if all the pain would just stop. He was so sick of his knee issues. He often avoided talking about it now that he was streaming. He didn't want sympathy subs. He wanted people to like him for him and not his issues. The only person he had told about his knees was Apollo. It was a conversation they had the first time they met in person because he was really sore after the party and Apollo was worried about him. It made no sense at the moment why Apollo cared so much. It wasn't like he had even had feelings for him. Wrong, he had learned the second time they met that Apollo had feelings for him. He liked Apollo back, how could he not? Just look at the man. This led to Steve being more open with Apollo about the pain on bad pain days. This time, he just couldn't tell him.

It was a while before they even went to the beach, which conveniently had a lot of rocks. His knee was burning in more pain. He wanted to cry then and there but he couldn't. Everyone was so happy and excited. Ellum and Koji have never been to America and he wanted them to have a good time. He couldn't take that away from them. That was a shitty thing to do to somebody. So he kept his mouth shut. Suffered in silence. He has done it a thousand times. What was one more time. He would feel better in the morning anyway. He just bared through it for the beach and the walk back to his apartment. He was so happy the beach was only a few minutes away. He didn't know what he would do if he had to drive. His knee was not in any condition to be driving. Luckily it was his right knee but he could barely focus as it was. When they arrived home he helped make sure everyone was set up in their sleeping spaces. Apollo would be sleeping with him. Ellum was sleeping on that god forsaken air mattress. Koji on the couch. Steve made sure they had blankets and were comfortable. Then he went to his room. He changed into some pajama bottoms going topless because fuck it. He then went to sleep in Apollo's arms.

When he woke up he realized he was in a whole lot of pain, he could barely move his leg. This was not good. He had to stream today. More walking. A lot more. He had to also go get Talia to bring her over for the stream. He moved from Apollo's arms and he silently got dressed. He wanted to cry with every movement. He then left the room. He was going to let everyone sleep for a while. He had messaged Talia on discord asking for the address she was staying at. She sent him the address. He was surprised she was awake but then again jet lag was probably a real thing. He silently left the apartment with a simple text to their group chat that he was going to get Talia. He wanted to cry as he took the stairs down. He sighed in relief when he got into his car. He could be off his leg for a bit. He drove in silence to get Talia. He had opened her door for her. He then drove them back. They were making some small talk. Talia was very sweet. He knew that. He could tell her here and now about his knee but she is already talking about how she is excited about today. So he once again stays silent about it.

They started the stream when he had everyone in the apartment up and ready. It was on Ellum's account so he could take a step away from the computer. He helped carry the ottoman to the streaming room. After a very long day of walking for the stream. He did a lot for his friends. He loved having company. He loved being able to do things for his company too. He didn't like making his company do work that they shouldn't have to do. Everyone was chilling in the living room. His knee was far worse now. He had to bring the ottoman back to the living room. He took a deep breath and he picked up the ottoman, it wasn't heavy but it wasn't what he should be carrying on a hurt knee. He knew that as well of course. He carried it halfway before his knee buckled beneath him. He collapsed forward, the ottoman making a loud thud when it hit the ground with him falling on top of it. He held back his cry of pain. The worried shouts from his friends echoed in his ears as they rushed to him. He managed to stand up without putting weight on his leg. Their concerned questions asking if he was okay was annoying. He brushed it off.

"Guys, I'm fine, I only tripped. Don't worry." He put on a pained smile.

They weren't idiots. They could tell he was lying. They didn't call him out though. Apollo carried the ottoman back. While he did, Steve tried to prove he was fine by putting weight on his leg. Agony filled him as he let out a pained cry. His vision went blurry. Was that from pain or tears? He wasn't sure. He felt arms on him and the hushed words from Ellum telling him he was okay. Before he could think about arguing he felt himself being lifted carefully. He didn't care who it was; he curled himself into them as the person sat on the couch with him. He tried to calm down but he couldn't. The tears kept coming from pain and humiliation. He felt so stupid. Why did he think he could make it through today? Now he had ruined their day. He was so mad at himself. He was crying into somebody's chest. Based one the way he was being held he assumed it was Apollo holding him. When he finally looked up he was confirmed to be right. He relaxed into the man who was stroking his hair. He tried to not focus on the feeling of eyes on him.

Slowly he fell to sleep. When he did Apollo finally explained to the others about Steve's knee issues. He wasn't sure what set it off today though. Ellum had then explained that Steve popped his knee out of place then back in. Apollo rolled his eyes because of course his dumbass boyfriend would do that. They all decided that tomorrow they would take it easy and give Steve resting time before Vegas. Talia ended up staying the night since Steve was her ride. Apollo had offered her Steve's room but she denied and said for him and Steve to take it. She said she could sleep in the living room. She figured it out with Ellum and Koji. Apollo had retreated with Steve to the room. He changed them both then held Steve in his arms as he slept.

•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•

A/N: I can't believe I wrote this as fast as I did. Anyways. Here is the long awaited upload from my inconsistent upload schedule. I'm working on a lot of stories at the moment. I'll hopefully start sharing them soon.