Too Far

Requested by Starroad134

Crewfu is being mean to Steve as a joke but takes it too far.

Disclaimer: No hate towards anyone in the story. Also I took a little bit of a personal view point on this. I'll explain better in the A/N but I used my experience to help write this. Okay so, I had half of this written before I had the last two chapters written. So I am writing and bam I literally started writing a suicide attempt. So I will say, nothing happens. He doesn't try anything but yeah. Anyways, I literally love Steve's and Janet's friendship. They act like siblings, no?

WARNING: Angst, Fluff, Attempted Suicide kinda not really,

•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•

They didn't mean to take it too far. It was just a joke. Guilt was flooding their bodies. They were left with nothing but the sound of a soft sob. They made him cry. It made them all feel worst. They didn't realize they were pushing the line until it was too late.

It was all Janet's idea. She wanted to mess with Steve the way he did with her. The only issue was she couldn't ever seem to get Steve like he did her. So she asked the rest of the lobby to help her get back at Steve. "Guys, want to be mean to Steve as a joke tomorrow? We can all just troll him."

She meant no harm.

"That sounds fun! Let's all mess with Steve." Dk chimed in.

"That sounds like fun. Steve can handle it. He jokes like that with us all the time." 5up agreed.

In turn so did everyone else. It was harmless. Supposed to be harmless. They didn't know his line. So they crossed it. They hurt him. They felt awful. It started with them all ignoring him. Steve thought his mic was broken. He kept going on to his stream about how he needed to fix it.

It took him a while to realize that his mic was fine. Then the feeling of being unwanted settled in. Surely they were just messing with him right? Then he was getting killed first every round. This was clearly to fuck with him. Still the feeling of being unwanted kicked in. Was he so annoying that they had to kill him first to keep him quiet?

As time passed the more self conscious he got. It was like they didn't like him anymore. It was fine. They were just messing with him. He wanted to play DBD with Hafu, Dk, and 5up after among us. "Guys? A little bit of DBD after this?" He asked in the middle of a meeting.

"Steve shut the hell up! We are trying to talk about something important right now." Dk shouted.

That was what made Steve break. He wasn't important. Of course he wasn't. He could handle teasing, when it was all fun and games. This was not all fun and games. They had been excluding him in some way or form all day. Now he understood why. He tried to play it off like a joke again. "Exactly man! That is what I'm doing. Asking about DBD after this."

"Steve not everything is about you!" Janet chimed in.

Steve zoned out for a moment. Sure he picked on Janet but he was joking. She wasn't actually upset with him. It was all in good fun right? Or maybe he was just a problem. Maybe he really should just shut up. He was antsy. He hadn't gotten much of anything out. When he realized what had happened, he was being voted out. He was just a crewmate.

He voted himself out.

He didn't even speak.

They all waited until he was deafened before they spoke up. Slowly they were all starting to feel bad. Just for a little longer. "Guys, I don't like this actually. I thought it would be fun but it is so cruel." Janet admitted.