Dressing Up

Requested by ScorpioLuna1105

Steve hit his sub goal and has to wear a dress.

Disclaimer: Steve is wearing a red dress in this. What I would give to see Steve rocking a dress. Break the gender roles. Clothes don't have a gender Periodt.

WARNING: Homophobia, Karens, Light Fluff.

•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•

He hated himself for this. He wish he never would have set the goal. Let alone the reward. A fucking dress. He had to wear a dress. He was staring at himself in the bathroom mirror. He looked good in the dress no doubt but he felt exposed. He was nervous. Scared. What would everyone say? What would his friends say?

He left the bathroom and went to his room. He started the stream and he let the song play out. He was nervous. So fucking nervous. "You guys hit the subgoal, and I am a man of my word." Well most of the time. "It is time for the dress reveal."

He pulled up his camera and he stood towards the back of his room. He showed off the dress. It was tight at the top but the skirt was loose and it came halfway down his thighs. He gave the chat a little spin before he sat down. "That is the only full-body view you get."

He got some complaints from that but he didn't care. He felt out of place. Almost like he had too little clothes on. As if he looked bad. He kept up his facade. He was reading the comments from chat. There were the troll comments, nice comments, and then some really mean and out of place comments. He tried to ignore them. He knew his mods would take care of them.

The dreaded time came when he had to join the discord call. He entered with his normal hello. He got hellos back. He smiled. He loved his friends. They made his life so much better. He was hoping none of them knew about him in the dress. He didn't want to face that with them. Of course he found out halfway into the stream that all his friends had seen when it was brought up.

"Steve you look really pretty today." Koji said and Steve could hear the smirk.

"Ummm thanks Koji." He didn't want to talk about it. His eyes went to the screen as a dono popped up. He hit the mute button and proceeded to read it.

"DragonBreath235, thank you for the donation. They said 'I came onto this stream to see a funny guy and all I'm seeing is a....'" He cut himself off seeing the next word. He felt sick to his stomach. "Very funny." He forced a laugh and he bit his lip.

"Steve?" Hafu's voice was soft, the tone of his voice had her concerned. He sounded broken even with his laugh, she knew her friend. He was faking it. 

He stayed quiet.

"Steve? Are you okay?" She asked.

He then realized his mic had been unmuted. He was an idiot. He stayed silent for a moment. "Of course. I'm perfectly fine." He said with fake enthusiasm. He muted his mic and he sighed sadly.

"Steve? Please stand up for me." 5up requested

He wanted to refuse but he couldn't. How was he to say no to his friend. His friend who clearly knew something was wrong. Why did he want him to stand? Isn't just having his face cam on enough? He would rather not. Then again, it was 5up asking. 5up never asked for much. He hesitantly stood up. His headphones still on. 

"Take off your headphones and stand back." The order was not harsh but it was firm. Steve took off his headphones and he stepped back. He stood towards the back of his room. His full body in the frame. He shifted awkwardly. He could just imagine what his chat was saying, what his friends were thinking. What if the dress was too short? What if his legs were too long? He didn't want to know. 

"Okay now that Steve can't hear us. I am so disgusted. How dare you say that to him. You guys asked for him to dress up and now you guys are being so rude. Look at him, he looks amazing." 5up scolded. 

"Steve is actually pulling it off greatly. Why does he look better in a dress than I do?" Janet chimed in. 

"Steve is so hot. Anyone who thinks otherwise is dumb and doesn't deserve to be watching us. I am going to ban anybody I see commenting negative things about him. I don't care if I lose most or even all of my viewers. Steve is my friend and he deserves respect." DK said. 

"Me too!" Koji agreed. 

Everyone agreed. Steve got too self conscious to stand any longer and he sat in his chair. He put back on his headphones. He stayed silent another moment. He was trying to find the words he needed to speak. He was staring at the comments, they confused him. They were now all for the most part sweet. He saw a link to a twitch clip titled 5up is bossy. He clicked on it. He stared at the screen in shock at the words coming from his friends. A smile broke onto his face. How did he get so lucky?

"Thanks you guys." He said softly, "I really appreciate all your words."

He could hear their smiles. It was not hard to determine. He loved his friends. He definitely felt a lot better after they spoke. It was weird how his friends could make him feel better no matter what. He lucked out. He could have ended up with friends who didn't care.

Maybe, just maybe he would dress up more.

•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•
A/N: I'm in a lot of pain and I had nothing left to add so here it is. Also guys please read Star-Soldier 's work. They are so talented and I'm actually addicted to their writing. Love you all.