Paralyzed

Requested by ScorpioLuna1105

Steve gets paralyzed after an accident.

Disclaimer: Steve's stream with his hurt back literally causes me physical pain. We love having chronic pain. I can literally feel his pain. So that's fun. 

WARNING: Shooting, Blood, anxiety, angst

•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•

He was in excruciating pain. His body screamed in agony. His head was swirling. Screams and sirens were filling the air. He was on the ground. His head was pounding. His vision was blurry. He reached back and touched his lower back. Warm liquid caked his hand. He slowly brought it up to his face. Red. Blood. He felt sick. He felt everything, then nothing. 

It all stopped. 

Everyone was waiting for Steve to join the call. For once 5up wasn't the last to arrive. Naturally, since somebody in one of their chats mentioned an LA shooting that happened the day before, they were all wanting to ask him about it. They were all talking about it together. They all couldn't understand how somebody could do that. How can someone cause so much terror just because they were upset? 

Dk was very worried. He had heard on the news about the shooting. He guessed the others didn't realize it, but the shooting was close to where Steve lives. He was messaging in the groupchat he had with his two boyfriends. The three of them had been talking a while about it. They all liked Steve as well but the man never showed any interest in them. So they never acted on it. However, Dk was expressing his concern about the shooting to the two males, who were struggling to console him. 

At the end of the day. Nothing could stop DK from worrying. Now, DK wasn't worried that Steve was hurt. No, his friend was not that unlucky. He for the most part stayed inside, unless he was hiking. There was no need to worry. Not about Steve. He was always fine. Besides there was no reason for Steve to have been out at 10 at night. 

Even then, it led to this damned plane ride. Koji didn't want to be here. He didn't want his first time going to America to be like this. Why did it have to happen? That stupid fucking call. It led Koji to his seat on the plane, holding onto each other. The conversation replayed in his head. 

"Could you guys all look at my message in general?" It made no sense. It was not Steve but the bubble said Steve. Was this one of his roommates? They only knew Cib. 

Koji still listened and he looked at the message. It was one that concerned him. 

'You need to end your streams.'

Why? What was going on? Nobody said a word as they all obeyed.

"So, I'm Steve's roommate, Nick. There is something I have to talk to you about." The mysterious voice spoke again. 

"What's going on? Where's Steve?" Hafu asked. 

"That's the thing…" Nick trailed off for a moment. They heard a small clatter, it sounded like a phone being dropped. "Steve was shot." 

They all shouted not wanting to believe it. Had he really been shot? In the shooting? Why the hell did he go out that late? They were all terrified. He had to be okay right? 

"Is he okay?" Dk questioned. His voice was desperate. 

"He is in surgery now. He had Cib down as his emergency contact. That is how we learned about it. So far there are no updates." There was a tremble in Nick's voice. 

"Thank you for telling us, Nick. Will you keep us updated?" 5up cut in. Nobody else had words to speak. 

"Actually, I was hoping you guys would all fly out. I know he would like to see you guys when he is out of surgery." 

"We will fly out. We will try for the closest flights." Hafu confirmed. 

"Sounds good." 

Koji glanced at Ellum. The younger man looked peaceful, which was a relief in itself. Their hands were intertwined. Ellum had his ear buds in. He was listening to music from what Koji could hear. What was going to happen when they got there? They got lucky that they even got tickets. 5up, Hafu, Janet, and Kimi all helped pay for plane tickets for the others who needed to fly out. It was a nice gesture since they could all drive. He tried to relax for the rest of the plane ride. 

When they landed in LA, Koji and Ellum left the terminal. They looked for their ride. When they saw their friends they rushed over. Nobody looked great. Hafu looked stressed, 5up held a frown, Janet looked like she had been crying, Kimi looked distressed, and Tina looked like a kicked puppy. This was all because they were worried about Steve. That dumbass. 

Dk and Apollo emerged from their terminals almost at the same time. The two arrived in the group together so nobody was really sure who got there first. They all made their way over to the hospital Nick sent the address to. The three lovers all sat together. They wished they could tell everyone else why they were so worried. That they were in love with Steve. The car ride was silent. Nobody knew what to say. 

They arrived after a while and went inside. They saw Cib talking to a doctor. It seemed to be an important conversation. Was it about Steve? They all slowly walked towards the man. The doctor noticed the group and most likely said something about it. Cib turned around and waved them all over. There was a concerning look on his face. It was making Janet anxious. She was worried about Steve. The doctor walked away to the nurses station. Probably to give them privacy. 

"Steve is out of surgery. The doctor just informed me that Steve was very lucky. The bullet missed the major arteries." Cib informed them. There was a sigh of relief from the group. Cib and DumbDog locked eyes. 

"Cib. What are you keeping from us?" Apollo questioned. 

"Well, Steve is in a coma. There was a lot of damage done to his body. The bullet hit his spine. Which means he could lose all functions of his legs." Cib's voice broke. 

The next couple of months went by slowly. Everyone avoided streaming. They didn't want this public knowledge. It is not their story to tell. They all took turns visiting Steve. They wanted him to not be alone if he woke up. If, they were using the word if now. Every single time, Koji, Ellum, or DK were there they begged Steve to wake up. Confessing their love for the man. They figured they were speaking to thin air, but they talked anyway. They talked about how they wanted Steve to join their relationship. They told Steve how much they needed him. 

Nothing ever seemed to work. Koji was about to switch with Janet to go home and rest when it happened. Janet and Koji couldn't believe it. Janet had taken her seat beside him. His hand in hers. Koji was almost out the door. She gasped. Koji turned. There he was. Steve was awake. 

•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•
A/N: So I was given two options. A car accident or a shooting. I was originally going to do a car crash....but since I live for the trauma I did a shooting. Also who wants a part 2? Anybody wants the part 2 to be about Steve after he wakes up? I do have more for this oneshot I wanna write but I was going to be really long.