Touchy

This was requested by Orchid122
Steve is extremely touch starved and they all finally meet up in person.

Disclaimer: Covid will be over in this. Also I think I am touch starved myself...so you know this is a fun request. I was planning to go one way, but I went another.

WARNING: Light Angst, tad of anxiety, tad of depression, Fluff.

Thank you to the person who pointed out I forgot the warning :)

•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•

It has been so long since Steve had had any contact with someone. Sure he had roommates who were always busy. They were never home it seemed. He acted like he was okay but the amount of anxiety he was feeling along with the depression was a lot. Not to mention the fatigue he was struck with. He was so excited for this meet up. They all were meeting at Hafu's place and staying at least the night.

He was driving to Hafu's place already. He had stopped and gotten himself coffee from Starbucks. He wasn't sure how soon he was supposed to arrive. The meet up time was noon. He was just not sure if that meant show up at noon or around noon. He arrived to Hafu's place around 11:30. That was too early, he decided so he stayed sitting in his car drinking his coffee scrolling through twitter on his phone.

He noticed a car pull up around 11:40. He watched the car closely, he watched as a person got out. Not a person, it was Janet. He figured if she was getting out early he could too, right? He decided against his thoughts being too worried to actually do it. He instead waited until noon. He tried to that was, he ended up zoning into something he was reading on his phone and he ended up just sitting in his car until 12:30. He realized the time and he got out of the car. Of course he was late.

He hugged himself as he walked up towards the door. He was so anxious now, the excitement was nothing. He hesitantly knocked on the door. He rocked back and forth on his feet. The door opened and revealed Hafu. This was one of the times he hated his long legs. He felt he was towering over her. He smiled at her and he spoke. "Sorry I'm late!"

"No worries! Glad you are here Steve!" Hafu said hugging him. He hugged her back. He was taking in the hug as much as he could. He didn't want to come off as clingy so he forced himself to let go of the hug. He followed her inside to the living where the others were.

"Hey Steve!" Janet greeted and she hugged him. He appreciated the hugs. He didn't even realized how much he was missing them until now. He moved from her to hug DK next. The hugs each got longer as he hugged them. After he hugged DK he hugged Tina. He was leaning down to compromise for their heights but he didn't mind. A hug was a hug.

He hugged Tina for a decent amount of time before he hugged Peter. The hugs were his main focus, he went from Peter, to Wolfabelle, Koji, Talia, and 5up. He lastly hugged Apollo. That was the issue. He was so touch starved without even realizing it, he was not wanting to stop hugging Apollo. He ended up just hanging on. He didn't even make a sound as he buried his face into Apollo's neck. The other didn't seem to weirded out as he rubbed a hand up and down his back.

The others were taking notice on how long the hugs were for each person. When Steve didn't let go of Apollo they were confused. Hafu took a moment before she realized what was going on. She gave a expression of understanding. 'Steve is touch starved.' She mouthed to the others. Everyone for the most part understood.

"How about we watch a movie and order something to eat?" 5up suggested being on the same page as Hafu.

Steve had finally pulled away from the hug and he nodded. He kept a smile on his face to mask the amount of anxiety and depression he was feeling. He took a seat on the couch, Hafu sat beside him on his left and Apollo sat beside him on his right. He stopped paying attention to what was happening as he felt Hafu's hand grab his. The simple gesture meant a lot. He stared at their hands.

He did his best to focus on the movie but he was so tired. He laid his head on Hafu's lap and laid his legs across Apollo and whoever else was on the couch. He didn't know, nor did he care. He felt a hand gently run through his hair. The touch felt nice. He was being lulled into a peaceful sleep.

Hafu felt a little bad for Steve. She had no idea he was so detached from people when the pandemic was going. He had roommates, which made this more heart wrenching. If he was this touch starved and he had roommates, didn't that mean they didn't hang out with Steve much? She stroked his hair seeing how physically tired he was. She didn't want to disturb him so she looked over at 5up, who was sitting next to Apollo. 5up had Steve's feet in his lap.

"5up." She called out softly. If she woke him up it would be game over.

5up looked at her leaning forward a little. "Yes Hafu?" His tone matched hers.

"Could you hold down things here while I get Steve up to the guest room?" She asked.

5up nodded, "Of course. Apollo, could you help Hafu?"

Apollo nodded and he carefully maneuvered himself so he was closer to Hafu. He slowly lifted Steve's head from her lap and rested it on his shoulder. He stood up holding Steve up, one hand under his knees the other behind his back. He followed Hafu up the stairs to the guest room. When they got there Apollo laid the older man down on the bed. A soft whine left him. "I'll stay with him." He offered.

"You sure? I can do it if you want to join the others." She protested.

"Don't worry about it. Just save me something to eat." He joked as he climbed into bed and pulled Steve close to him. Steve was his best friend he was willing to do anything for him. If that meant cuddling him, then so be it.

Hafu left the room shutting the door behind her. Apollo was alone with Steve. He stroked his back to keep him soothed. "You won't be touch starved ever again after today. You will have to fight to get rid of us." He joked quietly.

He let Steve snuggle into his side, the taller male buried his face to his neck. Apollo figured this position would be a little weird but he didn't feel weirded out by it in the slightest. In fact he enjoyed this. Maybe it was because he was with his friends for the first time since they met. Maybe it was because it was Steve. He didn't really care about the reason. He knew there was one and it didn't matter. He was the one being able to hold Steve. He let the thought run through his mind as he fell asleep keeping a tight grip on Steve.

5up went up an hour later to check in on Apollo. He was going to see if he needed anything. He opened the door and was about to speak when he saw the two. They were sound asleep snuggled up with each other. A fond smile broke onto his face. He walked to the bed and he carefully pulled the blankets out from under them. He didn't want to wake them. He then covered them with the blankets. Before he left the room he took a quick photo of the two to show Hafu and the others.

•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•
A/N: It is finished. I love vulnerable Steve. We never get to see that side of him so just writing a version of it is fun. Also can I just say DumbDog and Steve have the best friendship. On other news I am mostly healed, my chest still hurts off and on but that could just be my chronic pain issues.