Chapter 39

You stand close to his side as he transports you both to the compound. You both walk into the living room where everyone is sitting around talking.

"Look who's back," Nat says with a smile.

"Hey everyone!"

"How was the trip," Steve asks.

You look at Loki who gives you a small nod. "I guess you could say it was pretty good." You lift your hand showing off the ring on your finger.

Everyone stands up to hug and congratulate the both of you. Tony walks in.

"What's with all the commotion?"

Bucky turns to him, "Looks like your princess is getting married."

He walks over and grabs your hand. Carefully inspecting the ring.

He looks back at you and smiles, "Congratulations nugget." You smile and hug him. "Nice choice reindeer games."

Loki smiles, "thank you Stark."

"Well this calls for a celebration," Wanda yells.

"Party at my place tonight," Sam exclaims.

"You live in my building Sam," Tony looks at him.

"Exactly, get into party planning mode Tony," Sam laughs.

That night the compound is filled with laughter and music as everyone celebrates the engagement. You and the team are sitting on the couch as you tell them about your time on Asgard and at the cabin.

Nat smiles, "who would've Loki could be such a romantic?"

You all laugh and Tony walks up. "Can I borrow you for a moment nugget?"

"Of course." You get up and follow him to the lab where he unlocks a small safe.

He pulls out an envelope and holds it near his chest.

"As you know, before your mother died she wrote letters to celebrate different milestones in your life. You have seen the letters for your 16th and 21st birthday. Now it's time for the letter she wrote for when you get married."

You can feel tears streaming down your face as he hands you the letter. You wrap your arms around him and give him a tight hug.

"Thank you dad."

You start to open the envelope when Jarvis interrupts. "Mr. Stark, there seems to be some movement around the compound. I'm picking up 3 large trucks carrying 15 people in each."

You look at Tony, "who did you piss off this time?"

"Not sure. Jarvis alert everyone."

You run back into the main room where everyone is gearing up. You take Loki by the hand, "ready to fight by my side?"

"Always darling," he smiles.

There is a sudden blast that sends everyone flying. You quickly get back up to your feet and start fighting. You begin to recognize some of the men. They work for Hydra.

"We are here for the tesseract," one of them says. "If you just hand it over we will leave quietly."

You laugh, "sorry boys, no can do. I destroyed that thing over a month ago."

He gives you a smirk, "well then we will have to take the next best thing. Grab her." He snaps his fingers and suddenly 20 men jump on top of you. You try fighting them off and can feel your powers growing. But before you have the chance to use them, someone injects something into your neck. You yell out in pain.

At this point everyone is trying to get to you. Loki hears your scream and rages toward you. He is finally able to grab your wrist and teleports you to the other side of the room. You are out cold.

The men begin to retreat from the compound and everyone runs over to you and Loki.

"They injected her with something. I can get her to wake up."

"Loki bring her to the lab," Tony says with haste.

he runs in and lays you down on the table. Bruce starts drawing your blood to see what the injection was.

He sighs a breath of relief, "It's just a sleep serum. She should wake up in a few hours. She's fine."

A few hours later you slowly begin to open your eyes. Loki notices and stands above your face to meet your gaze.

"Hey there Mr. Mischief," you say with a small laugh.

He smiles and kisses you, "are you alright darling."

You nod, "I just feel sleepy. And a little thirsty."

"Well I can fix that. I'll be right back  my pet." He kisses your forehead and runs out of the lab.

You look over to Bruce who has a strange look on his face. "Bruce. What's wrong?"

He glances down at a piece of paper. "When I drew your blood I decided to go ahead and run some comprehensive tests to ensure that you were okay. Something came positive. I didn't want to say it in front of Loki."

He hands you the paper and you begin to read the results. You see the word pregnant.

You feel your jaw drop and tears fill your eyes.

"How accurate is this test?"

"99.8%"

Loki walks back in and sees you and Bruce. "Is everything alright?"

You turn and smile at him, "all good. Bruce, thank you for making sure I was okay. Can Loki and I have the room?"

"Of course," he nods and walks out.

"Loki, come sit down, we need to talk."

He sits beside you on the bed and tucks a hair behind your ear.

"Whatever it is you can tell me darling."

You look up at him with tears streaming down your face. "I'm pregnant."

His looks at you shocked. He glances down at your stomach and that back into your eyes. You sit in silence for a few moments.

"Loki, I need you to say something."

Suddenly a large smile hits his face and kisses you. "We are having a baby."

"Yeah we are," you say with a small laugh.

He laughs and begins to cry happy tears.

"Shh," you say sharply, "I don't want anyone to hear."

He wraps you into a hug and leads you back to your room.