Chapter 7

You retreat to your room. Your mind racing, your heart feels like it might beat out of your chest, arms and legs shaking. Once you reach your bed you collapse as if you've just run a marathon. You can't even finish a whole thought before another floods your mind.

"What do I do? That kiss was everything I imagined and more. Dad would murder Loki if he found out." You feel your chest tightening and your breathing becomes more rapid. You can feel a panic attack starting.

"Calm down. Calm down." You can feel your powers turning on as you try to calm yourself.  Before you know it, you've lifted the bed off the ground with you on it. You try to slow your breathing and concentrate on lowering the bed quietly, so no one hears. Finally catching your breath enough, you lower the bed and collapse backward.

Once the adrenaline wears off you pass out completely. You finally wake the next morning to a knock on your door. You try to quickly compose yourself and scan the room to make sure everything is in order.

"Come in." you say as your voice shakes.

Thor comes in. "Lady Serenity. I wanted to see how training with Loki was going. He says its going well but I would rather hear your opinion."

You start panicking inside. Does he know that Loki kissed you? Is he going to tell everyone? Just don't bring it up. Maybe he doesn't know.

'Um, yeah it's going well, I think. I was able to fight and use my power at the same time yesterday."

He smiles, "yeah Loki said you did amazing. I heard you beat everyone that you fought. Including my brother. You should be proud."

You try to conjure up a smile. "Thanks Thor."

"Well, we are having a little party tonight and we would all be honored if you joined us."

"Sure, why not," you respond.

"Excellent," he exclaims "be sure to dress nicely."

He leaves your room. You feel like you're about to explode from the anxiety.

"I can't go to this tonight. I know the moment I lay eyes on Loki something bad is going to happen. I'll either screw up and say something or it will be written all over my face. But if I don't go, everyone will know something is up. Shit."

At that moment you hear another knock at the door. "Yeah."

In walks Wanda and Nat. "Hey, we thought we would help you get ready. Not to ruin the surprise but this party is to celebrate your birthday, so we want you to look your best." Wanda can't contain her excitement.

Nat looks over at her "well you did just kind of ruin the surprise but oh well."

"Oh, um, yeah sure come on in."

You try to center yourself as they do your hair and makeup. "Please let tonight go smoothly," you think to yourself.