Chapter 10

At 7 am the next morning your alarm clock starts buzzing. You angrily hit it trying to make it shut up. You sit up but then immediately fall back onto the pillow because of the pain from your head. "You would think having powers like this it would make hangovers way better."

You finally muster the strength to get up and get ready for the day.

You make your way down to the kitchen where everyone is already up and enjoying breakfast. "Morning everyone," you say with a sleepy voice.

They all look at you and smile a little. "Yeah, yeah I know I'm a lightweight. Whatever. Go back to eating your breakfast."

You grab yourself a plate of food and some coffee and head for the balcony. The cool morning air always helps your hangover.

"Good morning darling," you hear Loki say as he comes around your chair and props himself up on the railing. 

You smile at him and say with the same sleepy voice, "good morning."

"So, what do you remember from last night?"

You look at him with concern in your eyes. "Um I remember having one to many drinks, going up to my room, kissing you goodnight and then waking up this morning still fully clothed. So, unless you were kind enough to stuff me back into my dress, I assume nothing happened." You laugh as you take a sip of coffee.

He laughs and nods his head, "you are correct, nothing happened. Even after you tried relentlessly to make me change my mind."

You roll your eyes and shake your head. "I hope I wasn't too off-putting. Sometimes drunk me doesn't know where the end of the line is."

"My love you could never be off putting. I just didn't want it to happen like that. You need to remember when I ravish you and show you what being a god really means."

You nearly choke on your coffee and look behind you to make sure no one was close enough to hear that. "Inappropriate for the workplace sir," you smile at him.

Inside, Tony enters the kitchen to see you on the balcony with Loki. He taps Steve on the shoulder and points your direction. "What's going on out there," he asks.

Steve looks toward the balcony and then back to Tony. "Retract the claws papa bear. They are just talking and eating breakfast. I think they are just trying to be friends since they are training after all."

Tony seems annoyed with that answer and heads out toward the balcony.

"Don't panic now," says Loki, "but your father is headed this way."

You try to hide the worry building on your face as he grabs you should from behind. "Morning dad," you say happily.

"Good morning," he replies, never breaking eye contact with Loki. "What are you two doing out here alone when everyone else is inside."

You try to brush off his curiosity by saying "you know I always eat out here in the morning. And Loki was just seeing if I wanted some company."

Tony looks at you "okay. Well, finish your breakfast and then meet me in the lab. We need to discuss something."

"Is this the thing from last night," you question him before he walks inside.

"Yeah, it is nugget," he says softly.

You quickly eat your breakfast and turn to Loki before returning inside. "We can talk later okay."

He smiles and winks at you.

You walk into the lab to see Tony and Bruce looking at something on one of the screens.

"Bruce?"

He turns around "hey buggy," he hugs you.

"Okay well you both have my attention. What's going on?"

Tony takes a deep breath as he projects a photo of Thanos to the middle of the room. "He's what's going on."

You feel your blood turn ice cold. The last time you heard about Thanos he was trying to retrieve an infinity stone. "Dad, tell me what's going on."

He looks toward you and starts to explain. "We all knew that there would be a day that Thanos would come back. We had hoped there would be more time to make you stronger, but it doesn't seem like we have that luxury. He has already acquired 2 infinity stones and it seems that Earth is his next target. Thanos being the smart Barney character that he is knows that the only things that can destroy him are the stones. And seeing as how you got your power from the stones; he knows that you can stop if you're strong enough. The point I'm trying to get to be when he makes it to earth his first target won't be the stones. It will be you."

You stand there motionless, barely even breathing.

"But listen to me," he grabs you by the arms, "we have been preparing you for this since day one. Building your power so that you can easily defeat him. I won't let anything bad happen to you. I promise."

"We all do."

You turn around to see everyone nodding in agreement. Sam, Nat, Bucky, Steve, Thor, Clint, Bruce, Wanda, Vision, Peter, Scott and even Loki.

You feel tears in your eyes and fear in your soul. Then realize everything is starting to go black. You hit the floor. Everyone races over you. They get you up and lay you on one of the medical beds.

"She will be okay," Bruce states. "I had a feeling this might happen. I'm going to take this time to run some tests on her to make sure she is strong enough to at least fight against Thanos."

Everyone starts to leave the room, but Loki is the last to leave. Not taking his eyes off you.

Bruce looks at you and then him. "She will be okay Loki. Her body just needs to process all of this."

He nods his head and slowly walks out.