27. Stick With Me and Tell Me You Love Me

Violet

"This is going to blow up on you Vi." Jev and I have been silently arguing since we left the house about how I haven't told Justin that Riley was tagging along on our L.A trip and that he's been in town for the past few days.

It's been challenging to keep Justin away from Paul's house since his routine involved him dropping me off after a day of helping out at Jev's and Stella's. Riley has been living at our house ever since he got here.

At first it was easy ignoring him because that guy was a heavy sleeper and I usually left early to spend time with Justin but of course we were bound to see each other at some point living under the same roof.

Poor guy was clueless as to why I needed to ignore him and why he got dragged into this mess but when I explained that Justin wasn't really a big fan of him, he was fast to keep up.

He understood why Paul invited him to Stratford all of a sudden because my best friend explained to me that night of my late birthday dinner that he did have a plan to do anything to break up Justin and I.

Paul and I patched things up but he had already dragged Riley out here and forced him to take a time off from work so he decided that bringing him to our L.A. trip should at least make up for the trouble.

I was thankful our friends kept their mouths shut since they were mature enough to keep out of problems that didn't involve them. Even Chaz and Ryan, Justin's best friends, stayed out. This was my relationship, and my problem - I didn't want more people getting involved.

Justin and I never got the chance to talk about what actually went down with Paul that night since he just wanted my friendship with P to be back on track. Anything in between didn't matter.

A text alerted my phone, keeping me from coming up with a snarky remark back at Jev.

From: Riley
We're almost at the airport. Got a back up ticket for a commercial flight in case your boyfriend makes me fly on the turbines. 😂 Just kidding. See you soon Vi 😘

Riley somehow finds a way to pull me out of a stressful situation. I couldn't help but smile.

"You better not let Riley get you to smile like that during our flight or Bieber might just ask his pilot to crash his jet. Remember, I have a wedding coming up." Jev teases me which makes me punch on him in the arm.

He had no choice but to suffer in silence with most of our friends asleep in the van. Jake being the driver, was the only one up.

"Justin's not like that. I'll probably be the one who's going to suffer most but he won't involve you guys." I explain. "So just be a good kid and turn around if you see anything off. Don't worry about me."

"Aww, mom and dad are going to fight." Jev whines like a child. "I'm going with dad since he's a big shot celebrity with more money. Don't worry mom, I'm with you on all holidays."

My silent laughter makes Justin stir a bit while he sleeps on my shoulder. "You're an ass Mitchell."

Finally arriving at the airport, my palms start getting sweaty as I see Paul's car through the window. Riley stood beside him as they waited by the hood.

Once Jake pulled the van to a stop, everyone started getting out, carrying their own bags. I was thankful that they were still half-awake so they weren't very aware of the surroundings.

"Justin, can we talk?" With only the two of us in the van, I took the chance to finally open up.

"Is there something wrong?" A small yawn escapes his lips.