17. Her Story

Violet

Going back to my past normally gave me all the negative feeling till the smallest bone of my body but at this moment, I was surprisingly calm and even joked about it when Justin popped the question.

"By the end of this story, just make sure we don't have any hard feelings." I tell him. "Remember I'm all better now so promise me you won't take this against yourself."

Justin gave me a pitiful look which I hated. "Please?" I ask.

"Okay." He pursed a smile.

"When you left, it was like my soul left too. I woke up everyday feeling like I couldn't breathe. I'd walk, I'd eat, I'd talk but it felt like I wasn't doing anything because all I could feel was the pain."

Justin listens attentively as I talk while looking at the altar.

Flashback

Paul had set up my laptop on the coffee table, playing reruns of the Suits series but I had no idea what was happening with the episode.

He had been staying here for 2 weeks ever since Justin left without reason. He took care of me - making sure I ate, showered and did my homework but I knew he was getting exhausted to help me function because no matter what Paul did, I felt like a robot on its last battery power.

I wasn't crying anymore but I didn't put on any emotions either. My sentences consisted of 3 words max, sometimes the day would go by when I wouldn't utter anything.

Paul has been updating my mom and our friends since I didn't bother answering their calls or messages. I didn't mean to worry them but I couldn't bring myself to the phone.

He also told me that word had already spread out about the potential break up of Justin Bieber and Violet Webb since Justin was touring who knows where and I wasn't seen with him at all.

Ever since Justin got back his job, I was with him at every concert and every interview so it became a habit for the public to see us together all the time. After classes, I'd catch up with him wherever he was, whether it took long drives or flights or sleepless nights, I'd be there.

Now, I wasn't.

The last I heard from my mother was that she was making arrangements for homeschooling but it could only last so long because I needed to be physically present for exams which I've already missed 3 out of 5 for the past couple of weeks.

Paul was due to leave today because he had classes of his own back in Chicago which he had already been missing just to make sure I didn't miss mine.

He told me that my mom was flying in today to take his place and watch over me.

The sound of the front door echoed through the empty Bieber household which was now left to me. Paul and Mom's voice remained muffled in the background just like all the sounds have been inaudible to me since Justin disappeared.

"Vi, I'm leaving now but I'll be back next weekend okay? I'm sorry I have to go." Paul kisses me on the forehead before I hear him walk away, shutting the door behind.

This was going to be the first time my Mom was going to me since the all the chaos.

"Sweetie." My mom had taken a seat beside me on the couch, bringing me into a hug. "Mama's here. You can cry it all out. Stop pretending that you're okay."

When my mom said those words, I couldn't keep it together anymore. The tears flowed down my cheeks and my chest starts hurting again.

"I'm sorry this is happening to you baby. I wish mama could take all the pain away but I can't. I lost a friend too and a son and just like you I wish I knew why."