3. Catch Me

Violet

A loud bang came from the front door of Jev's house which makes me jump a little.

I've been so jumpy ever since I had found out that Justin was going to be present at Jev's wedding. It's not that I cared but I guess I should've at least allowed myself to find out when he was going to get here.

It sucked that the past few weeks seemed to drag on forever just because I couldn't stop thinking about when he would be joining us. I didn't know if it was going to be tomorrow or the next day or the following week.

I blame myself for making that decision of filtering out any updates about Justin. Now I couldn't even get myself ready for the time that I would need to face him.

Flashback

"I'm really sorry Vi. The only reason why I didn't tell you was because I knew you would't come to the wedding if you knew that Justin was going to be there too." Jev apologized.

"Bro, I wouldn't miss your special day but a warning would've been nice." I replied. "Why is he even coming? Isn't he busy with tour or whatever project he has going on?"

"You know how much of a fan Stella is and she really wanted him to sing on our day. Justin cancelled the rest of his tour because of some issues so he won't be busy with anything major for some time. He's coming home to take a short break, so we're just lucky he agreed to this." Jev explained.

"Wait, back up. What issues are you talking about?" Jev gave me a look as I dropped the question. "Scratch that. I don't care. Seriously, he decided to come back here out of all the places in the world for a break? Gosh, why have I seen this before?"

The memories during high school came flashing back when Justin was sent by his team to Stratford just to get himself fixed. Was Stratford his definition of a peaceful place? Jeeze. This town has done nothing but bring bad shit into our lives. I wondered if he knew that I was going to be at the wedding too. Wait, like I gave a shit.

"I know you're not his biggest fan but I hope you'll at least try being on good behavior. Do this for me please?" Jev asks, as he takes my hands in his, giving me the most pleading look.

Why do I have to be so caring? "Fine." I gave in. "But don't expect that we're magically going to be friends after all this is over. I still don't want anything to do with him and that's not going to change."

Jev smirked. "You know, Chaz told me Justin did ask if you were going to be at the wedding. He saw the pictures of the group with Paul and since you guys have been stuck together ever since, he wondered —"

"I said I don't care right?" I said.

Jev threw his hands up in surrender. "Fine, I'm sorry. I shouldn't push." He says. "Thank you for giving me a chance. This means a lot Vi."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. You owe me. Thank you is not going to cut it."  It was a long, comforting silence until I spoke up again. "So...when is Justin getting here?"

Jev smirked once again. "I thought you didn't care?"

"Right. I don't." I answered before we started making our way back inside the house.

Flashback End

Chaz and I leave Jev's house since we were assigned to meet with the caterer for some food tasting sessions.

Jev and Stella knew that Chaz and I were the ones in the group that had a big appetite so they trusted us with the menu and food preparations.

As we walked towards the food establishment, Chaz and I made small talk.