6. Déjà Vu

Violet

We separated into 2 groups - one group helps with clearing up the table center pieces we have been making for the past couple of hours and the other group helps with bringing drinks and cups to the coffee table.

Jev and Jake decided to have a movie night with a bit of drinks since according to them it would help everyone relax and think about something else other than wedding plans. It was just their alibi to ease the tension in the room since we had arrived home from the bridal store.

With Justin, Vallerie and I not uttering a word to each other and Stella acting like she was not only walking on eggshells but on pieces of glass too, I knew the others felt there was something going on. None of them knew what the deal was because ever since we got back, Paul hasn't brought up the incident at the store with me and Justin meaning he still didn't have a clue.

Paul and I were walking back to the living room, carrying a bottle of Jack's and a stack of plastic cups. I managed to open the bottle then poured myself a drink after grabbing one of the cups that Paul was carrying.

"Woah, could you at least wait for us to have a drink too?" Paul states, snatching the Jack Daniel's away from me.

"Sorry. Stressful day." I respond.

"Do you want to talk about it? I have a feeling something went wrong with the wedding gown shopping earlier but I'm just waiting for you to tell me."

"What? No." I scoffed. "Nothing went wrong. I'm just really tired P. I think I need to freshen up before we start the movie or I might just sleep throughout the whole thing."

"Okay." Paul doesn't bother asking further questions and lets me do my thing. Thank goodness, because I hated lying to him.

Just as I was about to reach the bathroom, I was pulled by someone into one of the guest rooms. That someone was the person who has been running around my thoughts for the past few hours.

"Justin, what are you doing?" Asking him in a sassy attitude only caused him to put his hand over my mouth to shut me up.

"Shh, someone might hear us." Justin says, hushing me up.

I slowly pulled his hand away from my mouth so I could speak up. "What are you doing?" I ask again, keeping my tone down this time.

"I just wanted to talk to you." Justin answers.

"We could've talked outside like normal people."

"As if we could've had a normal conversation with our friends always finding a way to interrupt us." Justin chuckles making me think he was right.

We couldn't have a talk without one of our friends butting in but I couldn't blame them. They were just trying to keep me away from him.

"What do you want to talk about?" I ask.

"I wanted to apologize for what happened earlier at the store." Justin starts. "I...I did some thinking about what Vallerie had said and she was right. You must think I was leading you on."

"You don't have to apologize for that. Val was just overreacting. Don't worry about it. I'm fine." I assure him.

"That's good but I want you to know that I didn't intend to make you feel uncomfortable or that I was leading you on. That moment felt real to me and honestly I was really happy that it happened."

Justin's little confession made my heart skip a bit. I didn't know why but it just did. I didn't know how to answer to his statement so I merely said, "Okay."

"I don't expect you to feel the same way because of everything I've done to you but I hope one day we'll have a chance to talk it out and make things right. There's so much I want to tell you."