13. Home Is Where The Heart Is

Violet

Texting and waiting for Justin to call me back was the first thing I did when I woke up. But when I didn't hear from him even after I've dropped Jev and Stella earlier for their 4:00am flight, I decided to go back to sleep.

Thinking I had the entire day to rest, I was annoyed when the continuous ringing of the bell came off from the front door.

The cold breeze instantly slapped onto my legs as the shirt which Justin let me borrow from our date, hung lose on my body.

Justin said he was fine but from the longest time I knew him, I knew he was lying . There wasn't much I could do. It's not like I could show him how I really felt or else he would think everything was back to normal which obviously is not the case. Besides, I didn't think I was doing anything wrong so why was there a need to be guilty right?

Those were the thoughts that messed with my sleep because a part of me felt everything was okay but a tiny voice in the background made me believe otherwise. That was probably why I had the urge to wear his shirt for bed. I hate to admit it but I wanted to feel something that was close to Justin.

When I opened the door, I was surprise to see Riley.

"What are you doing here?" Yawning breaks my sentence. "It's too early. Go away."

"Vi, it's 10:00AM. You said to come over by 7 to work on the final clips but you weren't answering any of my calls."

Running back to the living room, I picked up my phone and noticed 9 missed calls from Riley.

"Shit." I mumbled under my breath.

Riley had already joined me in the living room and sat on the couch.

"I'm sorry. I was up early to drop off Jev and Stella at the airport. Sleeping late last night was probably not a good idea." I explained.

"Thought you were going to bed when I left?"

"I was talking to Jus-" Almost slipping out the one that shall not be named in public, I quickly reconstructed my words. "I was talking to him last night and I think we're not okay."

"If you don't mind me asking, what makes you think you guys are not okay? Did you end up fighting?"

I sighed. "He said he was fine but I've known him for a long time to know that he was lying. He was probably just convincing me he was okay to keep me from being upset. Obviously it didn't work."

"I don't know much about your relationship so this is just my opinion. I think you're more than okay. I mean he did make an effort to convince you that things were good so that must mean that he'd rather hide his true feelings and keep you happy instead of starting drama. You're overthinking it Vi."

"I'm sorry. We shouldn't even be talking about this. I'll just grab my stuff from my room and we can get started."

As I was getting up, Riley grabs my arm, pulling me against him. Another moment occurs where his height hovers above me while the amazing scent from his shirt makes my nose crinkle.

"Sorry Vi, but you look like shit." I was taken back with what Riley had said but allowed him to continue speaking anyway. "You need to take a shower, change then we can start working on the video. I'll bring down your stuff and get us settled, order some food and it'll be here before you're done."

"My shower hours take long." I whined like a little a child.

"I don't care. You need to relax and refresh yourself. Please? For me?"

I had no idea why his last two words made my stomach tingle but it made give into him. "I'll try to be quick. Order some Thai food. I'm in the mood for Thai."