9. Skater Boi

Violet

I didn't know what time Justin would be up but I made sure to text him the address of the house before charging my phone. I started getting ready for our day, just so he would also have ample time to get ready and figure his out the journey time to pick me up.

Once I was all freshened up, I changed into my outfit which consisted of a plain white shirt tucked into my black skinny jeans, a camo green folded up top as an overall and a pair of black old-school Vans.

A lipstick and an eyeliner completed my makeup for today since I didn't want to overdo my look. I was just in time with getting settled because my phone beeped indicating a text from Justin.

From: Justin 🎤
I'm outside. Meet me whenever you're ready.

Unplugging my phone from the charger, I slipped the device into my bag which had everything I needed then quietly walked out of the house. It was exactly 5:00 AM and there was no sign of Paul just as I had expected, so the day was already starting out perfectly.

I find Justin outside as he had texted earlier, leaning against his car and looking great as always.

He wore a black shirt underneath a blue plaid top with the buttons undone. Some black skinnies complimented his toned legs and a pair of white Vans completed his look. He looked good, I couldn't deny that. He could wear a paper bag and still pull it off.

"Hey, good morning." Justin greets me a shy smile, the one which brought out his dimples.

"Hi." I responded in a shyly manner. I didn't know how else to act since this was the first time we were actually going out, just the two of us, without our friends making ways for us to be together. This was all on us.

I walked to the passenger's side of the car and Justin follows quickly to open the door for me. The gesture kind of made me feel giddy inside since the last time he did this was when we were together.

Justin settled in his seat right after he grabbed something from the back. Before starting the ignition, he handed me over a paper bag.

"I grabbed some coffee on the way. I thought you might need the caffeine considering our early wake up call and how late we slept last night." He says before starting the ride away from the house.

Looking inside the bag, I find two cups of coffee. I took both cups out placing it on the cup holders of Justin's car.

"Thank you." I tell him. His little gesture made my heart flutter.

"No problem." He looks at me, replying with a smile, before focusing back on the road. "It's going to be a long drive so if you still feel sleepy, go right ahead okay?"

"Where are we going by the way? I hope I'm not over dressed." I had no idea what Justin has in store for today, so I hoped I was dressed appropriately for the occasion.

"It's a surprise." He answers.

"I should've know you wouldn't tell me."

Justin chuckles. "You know me best Vi. I never give in with telling you my surprises."

"Yeah," I agreed. "Not unless you get caught."

"That only happens when Vallerie opens her big mouth. That's why I only trusted Paul when it comes to surprising you. Your girlfriend never knows when to zip it."

I laughed as a memory came flashing back. I remembered when Justin planned this beach dinner for my birthday years ago and the surprise blew up because Vallerie told me the moment she knew.

"You don't have to worry about your secrets coming out because I highly doubt Vallerie is going to help you now when it comes to me." I say.

"That's okay. I don't expect any help from the gang anyway. I've got it all planned." Justin says with confidence.