24. The Three Musketeers

Violet

"Looks like he's okay. Paul doesn't look as pissed as you described." Vallerie and I were on our own laptops doing our jobs. She was scrolling through flower suppliers while I worked on some edits from Hailee's video shoot.

Several weeks had passed since the drama with Paul, Justin and I went down.

Winona and Daniel constantly tried to call me since I left our family vacation. Accepting their calls wasn't something I was ready to do so I simply apologized and replied at some point with an 'I'll explain soon' which got them to stop.

Losing one friend was already enough and I couldn't afford losing Vallerie too so I decided to tell her the moment we came back. I didn't know if the others had figured out yet but it was important that my only best friend now knew the truth.

"He's acting." I reply to Vallerie. "After being with him the past years, I know when Paul is putting on a show and when he's real."

Apparently Vallerie already knew. How? I had no idea. But she assured me that Justin did not slip.

"You can't blame him. I wasn't happy when I figured it out but I trust you seeing how much stronger you've grown over the years. You've also learned how to love yourself which is probably why you're brave enough to accept love from the worst."

It meant a lot to hear Val's support. "Wish Paul could be the same."

"He will be eventually. Do you know how long we've waited to see you smile, like actually smile? I know Justin plays a huge role in bringing back the happiness in your life and there's nothing I want for you but to happy."

"You really mean that?"

"Of course," Val smiles. "And if he breaks your heart, I'll never get tired of fighting him for you but I know you'll be able to handle that right?"

"Why can't everyone be like you? How can I apologize to him when he doesn't want to hear me out?"

"He needs space Vi. That's the least you can give him. I'm sure he'll come around."

"Question is, when?"

"I don't know. I'm not a fortune teller." Vallerie quickly shifted back to her sarcastic remarks. "Listen, we need to get you out. This place is starting to suffocate me with all the drama. You need your own space too."

"Where are we going? I don't want to go out." My childish whines came out.

"Yeah you do. You're coming with me to the flower shops plus we'll be getting coffee on the way and before we come back here. Like you can pass that up."

Vallerie's offer was tempting but then I remembered.

"You don't like coffee loser."

"But you do. Anything that gets you out, I'm down. Let me just get the keys to Zayn's car so I can get us started. Get Stella and meet me out."

Before I had to chance to protest, Vallerie had already disappeared out of the living room.

I find Stella with Jev at the dinning area working on the seating chart.

"Stel?" She instantly turns when I call her attention. "Val and I are going out to canvas flower arrangements. Care to tag along?"

"Yeah!" She was obviously excited. "I know you don't want to come babe so stay here and make sure our house doesn't turn into a boxing rink."

I knew she was referring to Paul and Justin. That made me laugh despite the drama. I loved that she knew Jev so well. They were really perfect together and I wouldn't want anyone else for Jev.