Ch. 34: Did I mention that I have a stalker too?

Then

"Are you sure you won't ride with me?" Phoenix asked and came over to hug Jace from behind. The naked back drew him in like a moth to a flame. That beautiful skin with the still red marks from the whip got his blood pumping all over again, and he craved to be close to him, just a little more. He kissed Jace's neck and let his fingers spread out on Jace's stomach to pull him to his chest.

Their eyes met in the mirror that Jace had used to do his hair. Jace's eyes were still shiny, and a bit dazed from their morning in the playroom. His cheeks flushed, probably more from the physical exploits rather than the shower they had taken after.

"I'm sure."

It was always the same.

Whenever they had spent time together, Phoenix would ask if he should drive Jace home or to work, as he had done in the beginning, because he had worried about Jace operating a vehicle when their plays had weakened him physically. Jace had allowed it to begin with, but in time, he had learned to handle Phoenix and what they did together.

"Ok, Baby boy." Phoenix did not argue, he never did. Jace was his own person, and if he said no, Phoenix respected it. Jace's freedom of choice was a priority, and that Phoenix would never take from him. It was a simple formula for their relationship and life in general. If Phoenix did not respect a 'no' in a common situation, how would Jace ever trust him in a situation when Jace's physical and mental health was on the line? "Eh, can I ask you a sort of stupid question?"

"In all the time I've known you, I've never heard you ask anything stupid, so this I'll definitely look forward to," Jace said with a grin, winking at Phoenix in the mirror. He leaned back into the warm, hard chest and sighed deeply when Phoenix kissed him again.

Blushing, Phoenix tried to hide behind Jace and kept his face buried at Jace's shoulder. "We've seen each other for a long time now..."

Jace froze.

They had, and Jace had loved every minute of their time together. The sex was great, their roles perfectly defined, and they had managed to somehow make a schedule work between Jace's assignments and Phoenix's job that had not revealed their relationship to anybody.

Was Phoenix breaking up with him because he could not drive him places? No, that was not possible. He had called it a stupid question. If Phoenix wanted to discuss their arrangement, he would have come out and said so. Jace was not insecure about being good enough for Phoenix anymore, he had nothing to worry about. He pulled himself together and pushed his worries aside. What they had was a solid agreement, and it worked for them. There was no reason for Phoenix to change anything.

"We have."

"I'm not sure how to timeline us. I talked with Packard the other day, and he poked at me for not celebrating any milestones with you." Phoenix sighed and lifted his head to let Jace see his embarrassed face. "When would you consider our, eh, anniversary to be?"

"Anniversary?" Jace's high-pitched voice sounded loud in the silent room. That was not something Jace had ever given any consideration. They were just together; time was of no consequence. As their agreement was infinite, there had been no reason to keep track since they never neared any kind of deadline.

Chuckling, Phoenix squeezed Jace and rubbed his stomach to calm him. "I didn't mean it like that. I'm just asking where we count from. From the day you presented, or from the day when we first had sex? Or something else? I don't know what Packard was on about, so maybe you can tell me?"