Chapter-21

Harry Pov:

Harry woke up to see deserted a dormitory, he quickly got dressed and went to common room which was practically empty, except for Ron who is eating something and Hermione who has her homework on the table near the fire place. Hermione looked at him and said "Harry you,— You look terrible" "where is everyone?" Harry asked. "Gone! It's first day of the holidays, remember" said Ron.

Hermione exchanged a look with Ron and turned to him "Harry listen, you must be really upset about what we heard yesterday. But the thing is, you mustn't go doing anything stupid." "Like what!" Harry asked. "Like trying to go after Black" Ron said sharply.

It seems both of them rehearsed for this conversation while he was asleep. "You won't, will you Harry?" asked Hermione. "Because Black is not worth dying for" said Ron. "Do you know what I hear when dementors get too near to me?" asked Harry. Hermione and Ron shook their heads. "I hear my mum screaming and pleading with Voldemort. And if you’d heard your mum screaming like that, just about to be killed, you wouldn’t forget it just like that. And if you found out someone who was supposed to be a friend of hers betrayed her and sent Voldemort after her —”

"There's nothing you can do. Dementors will caught Black and he'll be in Azkaban" said Hermione sharply. "Don't you hear Fudge, Black wasn't affected by them. It's not a punishment to him like others" said Harry. "So what are you saying? You want to —— kill Black or something" said Ron looking very tense. "Don't be silly. Harry doesn’t want to kill anyone, do you, Harry" said Hermione very tense.

Harry didn't answer for that. He didn't know what he wants. "Malfoy knows" Harry said abruptly "Remember what he said to me in Potions? 'If it was me, I'd hunt him down myself. . . . I'd want revenge.'"

"Listen Harry, Black did a terrible thing. But don't put yourself in harm, that's what Malfoy wants, that's what Black wants. . . . . Harry, you'd be playing right into Black's hands if you went looking for him." Hermione said eyes glistening with tears. "Not on my watch." suddenly a familiar voice said behind them.

Harry turned to see Percy standing in the middle of Gryffindor common room. "Percy what are you doing here. I thought you'd be going home for holidays. And how do you enter Gryffindor tower?" asked Harry. Percy gave his usual grin and said  "Well Professor McGonagall told me the password. I've a good news and a bad news. The bad news is I just came from Hagrid and he got a letter from ministry" "They didn't fire him, did they" asked Hermione worried.

"No they didn't. But they called a hearing on Buckbeak. Hagrid was bawling his eyes out, looked pretty scared about all this. He only calm down once I promised that I'll look into previous cases in the library at my mansion and will create a strong defence and you guys going to help me, wouldn't you" Percy said. "Ofcourse Percy, we'll help Hagrid. But  how do we help if you went to your home" said Harry. "Oh I remember a book reading about Hippogriff case in the library. We can read it" said Hermione.

"No no. Now that's where the good news will come. You guys are coming with me to my house for this yule holidays" said Percy shocking all three of them. "But Harry can't go out of castle" said Hermione. "Well don't worry. We are going to floo to my house directly. And I don't think Black would dare to enter America not when Royals are active" said Percy. "It's okay Percy, I didn't want to go anywhere now" said Harry. "Nope, not listening it. I didn't argue with Dumbledore all night just so you could decline and sit here to mop and be angry at everyone because of yesterday's conversation. Now chop chop kids, go pack a small bag for your stay" Percy said ushering them to their dormitory stairs.

Harry wanted to protest, but he knew Hermione and Ron stayed at Hogwarts for him. So he decided he'll go, so they too can enjoy Christmas. At the same time, Harry never went to another wizards house other than Weasley's so he wants to go too. He took a small bag (he bought it when he and Percy sneaked into muggle London) and filled it with some clothes, the chocolate boxes he bought in Hogsmeade to send them as gifts and lastly some parchments for doing homework.