chapter 10

Percy pov:

It was August 1st percy and dumbledore were standing in the ministry of magic for his OWLs exams. Infront of them was a big fountain, A group of golden statues, larger than life-size, stood in the middle of a circular pool. Tallest of them all was a noble-looking wizard with his wand pointing straight up in the air. Grouped around him were a beautiful witch, a centaur, a goblin, and a house-elf. The last three were all looking adoringly up at the witch and wizard. Glittering jets of water were flying from the ends of the two wands, the point of the centaur's arrow, the tip of the goblin's hat, and each of the house-elf's ears. Dumbledore said "Fountain of Magical Brethren, it is the representation of British magical community". Percy snorted "A goblin will never look at a wizard as if he was a god and not to mention British magical creatures laws were complete shit". "Hmm can't argue with that" Dumbledore replied.

Exactly 1 week before he got his time table for OWLs. Today was potions that's why percy was so calm. Dumbledore showed him the exam hall and disappeared saying he has some work to do. Percy took a seat and waited. Gradually people came and took the remaining seats. Atlast a stern fat lady dressed like a hippo came with a stack of parchments. She started "Welcome to your Ordinary Wizarding Level exams. Today was your potions exams. People who are not taking this exam can go" when she said that a blushing witch gotup and hurriedly left the room "Now that was over, I'm giving you question parchment you have to write your answers on it. It has extension charm so you can write as much as you want. You will write with ministry provided ink and quills" with that she levitated the parchments, ink bottles and quills and sent them to each table.

Percy took quill and started his exam. Questions are about different potions simple one to complicated ones. They have to write ingredients, process and result of potion along with what the potion was used for and its affects. Percy wrote all potions and he added few different steps and explained why his method will give better results. After lunch they had practical session. With all people who took exams there are two male examiners. They said "Hello everyone my name is Chris bloom and this is Robert dawnblame. Here is a cauldron full of small parchments. Take one each and whatever potion was on the parchment you have to brew it". Percy took a parchment, he got calming potion. He confidentially brewed his potion he added a little lavender and finished with a extra clockwise stir. When examiners came to examine his potion they were impressed. Since the next day was was sunday he can prepare next coming exams.

Charms exam was a breeze to him. He wrote extra for every question. For Fire making spell 'Incendio' he went on and on about how they make changes and invented fiendfire spell and any fire spells on the basis on incendio. In practical the examiners George and Rose fealey asked him to perform banishing charm, summoning charm and fire making charm. Percy used his own methods which gives much power with less magical energy. Both examiners were impressed with his performance.

Transfiguration was a bit tough but not for him. Just like previous exams he went into detail about the uses of different spells, complications of not doing it perfectly. In practical part twin examiners Maria and Merlene Curtney asked him to perform inanimate objects to animated. He turned the table into a deer and then back to table. He turned all quills to into candies and then into small snakes then back to quills. By the dumbfounded looks of the examiners he knew it was a O.

Herbology exam was relatively normal. But he went on his way and wrote about how every part of the plant was used in different potions. For practical part he was asked to care for Fanged Geranium and collect its fangs. He first fully watered the plant cast a small calming charm on the flowers. Later he carefully plucked their teeth. The examiners seems to be like his method.

Care of magical creatures exam was a bit more easy than others. He wrote given magical creatures inhabitance, their properties and uses. For practical part he was asked to care for a fairy, a pixie and murtlap. The last one was a putty in his hand, being a water affiliated creature it was pleased to meet him and act like a good pet. While he didn't have a problem with fairy, pixie tried to be mischievous and tried to fled to otherside of the room but he quickly cast 'Peskipiksi Pesternomi' and captured it.