Chapter - 18

Harry Pov:

In no time DADA class had become everyone's favourite class. Even upper year students too liked Professor Lupin class. Rumour is that Professor Lupin taught them one of the most complicated spell to defend themselves from Dementors.

After Boggarts they studied about Red Caps, Kappas. Professor Lupin always made his class fun and exciting. Harry wished his other classes too were like that. Professor Snape didn't find his Boggart all that funny because he started to bully Neville even more and the very mention of Professor Lupin seems to make Snape even worse. Harry was also growing to dread the hours he spent in Professor Trelawney's stifling tower room, deciphering lopsided shapes and symbols, trying to ignore the way Professor Trelawney's enormous eyes filled with tears every time she looked at him. Parvati Patil and Lavender Brown seems to like the class very much. Since they're going to Professor Trelawney's tower every lunch and came with annoying superior looks, as though they knew things others didn't.

Nobody really liked Care of Magical Creatures. After the action filled first class it became very dull. Hagrid seemed to have lost his confidence. They are now learning how to look after flobberworms which are some of most boring creatures ever existed.

At the start of October Harry had something else to occupy him, something so enjoyable it more than made up for his unsatisfactory classes. The Quidditch season was approaching, and OliverWood, Captain of the Gryffindor team, called a meeting one Thursday evening to discus stactics for new season.

There's quite a desperate tone in Oliver voice. "This is our last chance— my last chance— to win the Quidditch Cup" he told them, striding up and down infront of them. "I'll be leaving at the end of this year. I'll never get another shot at it. Gryffindor hasn’t won for seven years now. Okay, so we've had the worst luck in the world — injuries — then tornament getting called off last year ...." Wood swallowed, as though the memory still brought a lump to his throat. "But we also know we've got the best— ruddy—team—in—the— school" he said, punching a fist into his other hand, the old manic glint back in his eye. "We've got three superb Chasers." Wood pointed at Alicia, Angelina, and Katie. "We've got two unbeatable Beaters." "Stop it, Oliver, you’re embarrassing us" said Fred and George together, acting like blushing. 

"And we've got a Seeker who has never failed to win us a match!" Wood rumbled, glaring at Harry with a kind of furious pride. "And me" he added as an afterthought. "We think you're very good too, Oliver" said George. "Spanking good Keeper" said Fred. "The point is , the Quidditch cup should've been ours. Since Harry joined I thought it was in the bag." Wood went on, resuming his pacing. "And now we know Ravenclaw got Percy as a new Chaser and he got Pegasus broom" Wood said.

Harry didn't see the broom but the rumour is, it is the most beautiful broom and fastest that ever existed. Harry never heard of it before. The truth is Harry didn't know much about Wizarding world before. This summer only he learned about it through Percy. After Percy speech in great hall first day, many muggleborns and halfbloods are reading about wizards customs. That's how Harry learned about Royal wizards. "So Harry you should catch the snitch as fast as you can when we're against Ravenclaw" Wood said. "Don't worry Oliver, the cup is ours this year" said Fred. With full of determination team practiced the game three evenings a week. The weather getting colder, wetter and nights becoming darker. But nothing seems to tarnish teams determination.

/ Line break /

One evening after the training Harry came to common room to find it buzzing excitedly. "What's happened" Harry asked Ron and Hermione who are doing their astronomy homework. "First Hogsmeade weekend. End of October. Halloween" Ron said pointing at notice that had appeared on bulletin board. "Excellent. I need to visit zonko's. I'm nearly out of stink pellets." Said Fred who is just entered with Harry.