Chapter Twenty Eight

A/N: Quick disclaimer before you start to read: When the Volturi and the Cullens first face-off, I wasn't sure how to start everything so I used some of the dialogue that is used in the movie

A/N: Quick disclaimer before you start to read: When the Volturi and the Cullens first face-off, I wasn't sure how to start everything so I used some of the dialogue that is used in the movie. On a less important note, I was kind of embarrassed at how much of that scene from the movie that I knew by heart 😅

And now without further ado, let's get into it!

~~~

The week had seemed to inch by at a snail's pace, Mara's anxiety for the upcoming event only rising. Now that they were on the plane on their way she took the time to relax while she could with her mate.

Only her, Caius, the other kings and their wives and the elite guard were taking the plane - the rest of the guard being too many to all fit into the luxurious jet, not that and of the kings would want them to be in the plane with them in the first place.

As the minutes drew nearer and nearer to the plane's landing, Caius knew that he would have to tell Mara his plan - and soon. He would have done it beforehand, but he hadn't had the time.

"Amor? Let's speak privately for a moment?" She nodded and we quickly made our way to the private office. It was fully closed off and was as soundproof as you could make things these days, but even with all that, we would have to keep our voices low.

When they got inside Caius pressed a finger to his lips, a silent plea for silence. "We have to speak softly," Caius quickly rushed out, not waiting for her acknowledgment he continued, "As soon as we get to the clearing you will stay at the tree line and I'll join my brothers. Sulpicia and Didyme will go with the group, I told Marcus and Aro that you..." He paused for a breath.

"I told them that you were upset. Very upset and therefore you should not stand with the group and rather partly away. As soon as I can I'll join you and we'll leave." Amardad nodded her mind running through what Caius had told her.

"Will I stand alone?" Caius shook his head, "No, you'll stay with one of the guards. I'll come to relieve them of their post with you then we'll leave."

She nodded and Caius gently hugged her and pulled back to look at her with a happy smile on his face. "We'll be okay love." She smiled and kissed him, love shining in her eyes. "Thank you."

They broke out of their embrace and Mara put an upset emotional look on her face as they left the meeting room. Aro looked at Caius knowingly whereas Marcus' eyebrows furrowed, he was smarter than Aro gave him credit for and knew something was up with Caius and his Mate.

They both sat back in their seats and the pilot announced the plane's landing, Caius resting a protective arm around her. Soon enough, the plane landed and they immediately were escorted off the plane by the whole of the elite guard save Heidi who was leading the rest of the guard and their witnesses.