Chapter Eleven

Amardad wiped the sweat of her brow as they finished the last of the weeding, of course there was a lot more work to do but this was a big step in the right direction

Amardad wiped the sweat of her brow as they finished the last of the weeding, of course there was a lot more work to do but this was a big step in the right direction. Demetri moaned softly falling into a heap of weeds, "I think I'm dying of exhaustion," Demetri brought up a hand and placed it on his forehead dramatically. 

Mara smiled softly poking his boot, "Oh, well then. I guess I'll leave." Demetri shot up, "Not without me you won't!" Shaking her head Mara smiled at the strange vampire, "I've cured you! 1: Mara, 0: Vampire."

Demetri groaned, "Come on, we have to get you girl products and stuff." With a disgusted look on his face Demetri stood up, thankful for the clouds blocking the last remnants of the sun. "We can go to my house, I have everything I need there."

"No, let's spend the Masters' money! It's been I while since I've been out anyway." Mara nodded, shrugging her shoulders.

They both made their way towards some clothing stores on foot after arguing a while, but Mara won my telling Demetri that it was healthy for humans to walk, much to his displeasure. Walking into 'Donne del sole' a cute little boutique that sold overprized clothes Demetri went over to chat up the cashier and Mara went over to the dresses. She had always loved dresses from a young age but they were normally to light for the cold Forks weather.

Demetri tuned around a smirk on his handsome face, "Get anything you want, Sofia said that she would be with you in a moment." I raised an eyebrow, "Sofia?" 

"Yeah, I told her your size and she's getting clothes she think will fit." Before I could protest Sofia was back a heap of clothing in her arms. "Does this suit, Madame?" She said in a heavy accent, I reached over and turned over one of the tags, I sucked in a breath as I saw the price, 120 euro just for this garment. "This is way to much-" Demetri pushed in front of me, and handed her a credit card. "Perfetto, pagalo con questa carta." (Perfect, pay for it with this card.)

Sofia nodded, retreating to her desk, keeping a lustful and jealous eye on Demetri. "That's day to much Demi! 120 euro for the simplest dress there! It's crazy, can't we go to a Bennet?"

"You're Caius's mate, I'm sure the master's won't mind. Anyway the other queens spend a bunch  of money, I'm pretty sure in the thousands per month," Demetri frowned, "Well, they are practically locked in that tower with nothing to do."

They both made their way towards the desk where Sofia had finished paying and bagging the clothing in bags with a sun insignia. Walking outside someone called Mara's name making her turn,

"Mara! Mara, wait up dolcezza" (Sweetness), Mara opened her mouth in shock, it was Luciano. She had completely forgotten about him. Luciano ran towards them and Demetri turned to her, "You have a boyfriend?" She softly shrugged, I pained look crossing her face. 

Luciano reached for her hand but Demetri pushed her back, behind him and growled. "What the hell man?" Luciano glared at Demetri before turning to me, "Are you dating him?" Luciano's eyes darkened and Amardad was about to say no but Demetri interrupted her, "Yes, I'm her boyfriend."

***

End of Chapter Question: Why do you think Demetri told Luciano that he was Mara's boyfriend?

(Check out my new story: Fairy Queen - Carlisle C.)