Chapter Five

Caius looked at Amardad steadily

Caius looked at Amardad steadily. And she felt uncomfortable, not only by his red eyes but by the fact that Aro had called her his 'Mate'.

"Brother?" Aro asked the blonde - Caius again. Caius sighed, "What?" Aro rolled his eyes, "This... Girl is you're mate." Caius nodded once again, "Yes. I got that from your previous ranting, brother."

Amardad glanced to Jane who held onto her hand. "What Aro means is what do you want to do with her?" Marcus said, looking bored. Amardad's eyes widened. Caius looked at her once again, bring her to the tower Jane." Jane nodded quickly leading Amardad out the room.

Caius went back to starting at the wall angrily, like it was about to attack him at any second.

"Brother?" Caius glanced to Marcus. "What." Marcus looked annoyed, because he and Aro both knew that Caius was being stubborn. "Are you going to change her?" Caius had not thought about this, so he just shrugged then got up gracefully and walked towards the wall. He swiped the air twice before grapping at fabric. 

Caius smirked at the vampire whos jacket he had in his clutch. The vampire cowered under Caius's stare. Caius glanced at his brothers, seeming proud of himself.  "Has Easter come early this year?" Both Marcus and Aro were unamused by his comment. The Vampire struggled in Caius's grasp trying frantically to get free.

"Do you want him Aro?" Aro sighed as Caius brought the vampire to the foot of the dais. Aro got of his thrown and clasped the vampires hand in his own, his eyes clouded over briefly as he sifted through his memories.

Aro took the vampires face in his hands and looked at Caius briefly, seeking approval. Caius forced the vampire to the ground, Aro had obviously seen that the vampire would not help the Volturi, so for trespassing the punishment was death.

There was a sickening crack as the vampire's head came of and the body slumped to the ground. A guard that stood besides the door set the vampire on fire, the venom quickly burning everything.

Caius and Aro retook there places on their seats on the dais. "Caius, you must make the decision. Your mate can not stay in the tower forever as a human." Marcus stated solemnly, since Didyme had almost been killed a century earlier by Werewolves, the two Queens had there protection doubled. 

Caius shifted on his seat, it would be easy to kill her, but maybe he should try and have a relationship with her. His last courtship was with Athenodora and that was about six centuries ago. "Il go get her now." Caius was out of his seat and out the door before the other Kings could say anything to ask his what exactly were his plans.

But that was one of Caius's most prominent traits, not caring one bit about anyone's opinions. Caius marched up the steps to the tower, the weight in his chest diminishing with every step. He was not used to this... Dependence, on someone to feel fine. 

It felt wrong to Caius, depending on someone was unnatural... Just wrong.

***

End of Chapter Question: Do you think someone sent the unknown vampire?