Chapter Twenty Two

Merry Christmas Eve 🎄🎁🎅

Merry Christmas Eve
🎄🎁🎅

I was going to update on christmas, but decided to update now so I don't have to worry about doing it tomorrow.
I hope you enjoy this part and have an amazing day tomorrow!
Make sure to check for the contest at the end of this chapter!

~~~

The drive back to the house was passed very quietly. Amardad really didn't recognize her sister like she was. She remembered phoning her sister what seemed to be years ago and seeing her so happy. She also remembered her sister's boyfriend and her promise to rip him apart.

She would have to see if she could track him down while she was here and maybe get Jane or Demetri to find him and rip him apart for her. She really doubted she was strong enough to, and they were already killers while she was not and she didn't really feel like changing that currently if she didn't have to.

They pulled into the driveway after the hour and a half-ish drive and Charlie took her bags from her, promising to put them in her room. Amardad got out of the car and went over to her sister's door, opening it before unbuckling the seat belt and helping her up and out.

Her sister was practically dead. Probably more dead than Caius since at least he spoke and reacted like a person should, with emotion. She helped Bella over to the sofa wrapping a blanket around her pale frame, not knowing what else to do. "Bella? Are you hungry? Thirsty maybe?" At Bella's blank stare she decided to take that for a yes.

She walked over to the kitchen passing a frowning Charlie. She pulled out the ingredients to make hot chocolate, making sure not to make it too strong. 

She also found some ice cream in the fridge and fished two spoons out of a drawer making her way back to Bella with the hot chocolate when it was done. She sat in front of Bella and uncapped the ice cream taking one of the spoons and spoon-feeding her younger sister.

Bella still didn't say anything, but when the tub of ice cream was half-finished and melting she just stopped opening her mouth. Amardad then moved on to trying to get her sister to drink sips of hot chocolate. 

She knew this wasn't very healthy, but she was so thin that she knew that she should be happy for whatever Bella ate. Around nine, her dad came in looking refreshed after a nap and in his uniform. "I've got to go to work..." He paused looking at the mess around her. "That you, Mara. I really appreciate it." He kissed her on the head before leaving and she heard the car leave a couple of moments later.

She sighed shaking her head before helping Bella up. She almost couldn't believe that her dad hadn't brought Bella into the hospital yet. Certainly, this wasn't natural, it was just a breakup. And a high school breakup at that.

She propped Bella up and helped her upstairs. Taking the part of orderly and helping her shower and get ready for bed. Once Bella was tucked in, she walked back downstairs and cleaned up the living room before plopping down on the sofa and opening her text messages. There was one new message from Caius so she clicked on his icon.