Chapter Twenty Six

Bella's POV:

Bella's POV:

I looked up from the book I was reading - Pride and Prejudice. Edward and I had gotten to the Cullens house about two hours ago and we had been reading quickly with the rest of the family.

For the whole time we had been there Carlisle had been sitting on a chair staring pensively at a paper of some sort on his lap. "Carlisle, are you all right?" Carlisle glanced up and her and forced a soft smile.

He sighed before speaking, "We were invited to Caius' wedding and it seems like we were too late to attend." My eyes widened, "He's one of the three kings, right? Are you going to get in trouble for not attending?"

Carlisle grimaced and glanced at his mate before turning back to me. Would they be in trouble? Would they kill my darling, Edward? And just after he had proposed to me? "I'm not sure. I don't think so. The wedding was the day after the fight with Victoria, so we would have probably been late anyway. And for his wife, I have no clue and I doubt anyone will know anything but her first name for a long while to respect her privacy."

Hunh? I thought if you were marrying to what was essentially royalty you wouldn't mind some attention. I wish Edward was a king or at least a duke. She was a lucky duck for marrying into such a high position. Hmph. I bet Caius changed her too, not like Edward. Couldn't he change me yet!

"Is she going to be trapped in the tower with the other intitled female puppies?" I asked with a sarcastic grin. Carlisle shot me a chiding and Jasper suddenly appeared out of nowhere and growled darkly. "How dare you, Isabella!" The rebuke seemed to slap me across the face and I blushed self-consciously.

Even though Jasper certainly wasn't my favourite of the Cullens, he was still a Cullen and possessed something that I coveted, immortality. Plus, he wasn't an eyesore.

"You don't know anything near enough to judge the Queens. You shouldn't judge people you don't know." Jasper related her with a fiery look, "I've met the newest Queen twice - and she certainly doesn't deserve to have anyone say those types of things about her."

Carlisle glanced at Jasper while I inwardly seethed, I loved Edward with all my heart and looking at the Cullens I knew that he was my soul mate. "I'm sorry Jasper. You're right, I shouldn't have said that, and I have no excuse, but I guess I have been just feeling a bit testy since Amardad left and the fight with the newborns."

Jasper nodded, but it was obvious in his eyes that he didn't forgive me one bit. "You've met the newest Queen?" Carlisle questioned and I turned to focus my attention on their conversation.

Jasper sighed, "Yeah. I went to Volterra for her and Caius's wedding." Everyone seemed to turn to look at Jasper. I would swear that he was here - plus didn't Carlisle day that they wouldn't have time to get there in time from after the fight with the newborns?