Chapter Twenty One

"Please, let me do this one last thing

"Please, let me do this one last thing..." I asked. I froze, realizing something. This was going to be, if Caius allowed me, my goodbye to Bella and the rest of my friends and family.

Caius paused, clearly contemplating what I had told him. "Two weeks. That's it, no more than that, and if you tell anyone about-" I cut him off, grabbing both sides of his face and smashing my lips against his.

He didn't move for a moment, then kissed me back softly for a moment before pulling back and looking me in the eyes.

His eyes were gentle and he looked at me with such softness. "Take someone with you." I tilted my head to the side and his eyes flashed to my neck briefly before returning to my eyes. "Why?"

He took my hands in his own and held them tightly. "Because it's not safe." I met his eyes and nodded. I had no doubt that what he said was true, even though I had never particularly seen Caius or the other kings angry, I knew they could easily be very ruthless, just by the way they carried themselves.

"Well," I started, frowning, "I don't need a babysitter." He nodded, seeming to want to roll his eyes. It was obvious that he wasn't going to back down on this and presently, I really didn't want to get out of his good graces.

"You won't see them if you don't wish for it. The other Queens also have guards accompany them when they leave the castle." Caius froze and looked at me. Damn... If I was going to be Caius' mate, or whatever, I would also be a Queen.

"The other Queens..." His face turned to a more panicked look. Uh oh.

He nodded hesitantly. "Yes," He cleared his throat, "Well, I thought you had accepted the bond, and, well, since I'm a King..."

I threw my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly against myself. "Thank you, Caius. Thank you."

He pulled away after a moment, though his expression was still one of pure joy. "I'll text our pilot and he can have the plane ready in three or so hours." He had a phone?

"You have a phone?" Caius raised an eyebrow and smirked, "I'm not that old, Bellissima." He flipped his phone over so I could see his phone number and I quickly copied it into my contacts.

I smirked as I changed his contact name to 'Bae' and texted him so he had my number before getting up and heading into our shared closet, Caius hot on my heels.

I pulled out my suitcase that Dimitri had gotten from the house I had been renting and sorted through my clothes, making a mental list of everything I would need for two weeks.

Caius followed me, occasionally tossing things into my bag. "Is it okay if I send Afton with you to see your sister? He will stay out of sight, do not fret. But if you really wish for someone other to accompany you, I will see if that can be arranged."

I shrugged stuffing my undergarments into my bag, making sure that Caius couldn't see them. I hadn't met Afton except in passing, but he seemed sweet. "No, I don't mind. It will be nice to get to know some more people."