Chapter Twelve

I paced my office, running my fingers through my hair

I paced my office, running my fingers through my hair. I glanced at the clock again, for what seemed like the hundredth time. It was past ten in the evening and Demetri and Amardad were not back yet from wherever they had gone to. I trusted Demetri enough that I was 73% sure that they would both come back unscratched. 

I had gone to the garden that I presumed they would be in but they were not there but a pile of weeds were placed in a corner out of the way. I sat down again, hoping that I could perhaps distract myself with some paperwork. I flipped through the pages, waiting for something to catch my attention but nothing seemed to stand out. I wished I could sleep, not for oblivion like I had wanted before, but so I could dream of a reality where we would be safe.

I don't really know when I started to have feelings for her... I guess it was last night when I saw her asleep, so peaceful looking. She had snuggled into one of the fur blankets and one of my capes had also been around her. She look so sad. 

And it was my fault, but I couldn't have let her go. If anyone had found out about her being my... Mate, she would have been killed or used against her the Volturi. I just couldn't have done that, even when I had just met her the pain at just the thought of her being taken from me was unbearable.

I had heard of many cases from all around the globe where one of a mated pair was killed, it usually drove the remaining mate to insanity, killing everyone and everything that they thought had been responsible for their mate's death as well as any unlucky bystander. Then, when they had finished getting their revenge they usually killed themselves or sook out the Volturi to end their existence.

Now, she was away from me, but she had been aloud to leave with Demetri and I had received a text from him telling me that they had gone shopping for castle aesthetic clothing. 

Personally, I thought the castle's aesthetic was nice, the mostly black with red accents were pretty, but the light baby blue walls in the entrance to my chambers just fit. I sighed once again and walked into my art room picking out a new canvas and setting it on the stand. I took out a paint pallet and looked at the empty canvas.

I had no clue what to paint, my thoughts were too occupied with my young mate. I pictured her in my head, her light brown hair, a smile on her gentle face directed at me. If only...

Almost by instinct my hands started moving, creating a painting of a girl with brown hair dancing in a field of flowers. On the girls head rested a crown made out of flowers, a true queen.

***

(Sorry for the short chapter!)

End of Chapter Question: Who do you think the girl is?