Chapter Nine

Caius strutted down the hallway, cape billowing after him

Caius strutted down the hallway, cape billowing after him. He had an annoying day after leaving Amardad, well more annoying that usual. But he was relaxing, slightly, now. The hallways where he passed where quiet and empty, thought that was mostly because everyone residing in the castle, bar Aro and Marcus, were afraid of him. Not that he minded, he actually quite enjoyed it.

His mind wandered to Amardad as he neared his room. He reached his door and turned to Demetri who was stiff looking forwards but flinched slightly as he approached then turned. "Master Caius."

Demetri stepped out of the way of the door and opened it for Caius. Both of them stared shocked for a moment as they looked at the scene in front of them. Caius's black capes were played out in front of the walls acting as tarps, a bucket of paint dripping light blue spots on one of them rhythmically. And two of the four walls were painted blue - instead of the dark gray.

A hiss escaped from Caius as he stocked inside, Demetri quickly closing the door after him. He walked forwards quickly, eyes scanning for Amardad. Caius entered his bed chamber and finally noticed the girl.

She was sleeping deeply and her hair was like a halo around her head, thought some of that hair was in her mouth. Caius sighed and ran a hand through his hair before walking over to his office and getting paperwork.

He then walked back into the front room and picked up the paint can, his eyes scrutinizing it. It was actually a nice color, one of his favorites to be honest and the paint job on the walls was well done, without streaks or spots.

Walking back to the door he gave one last glance to the girl, Demetri sensing Caius's presence opened the door for him. Caius walked out as if nothing had happened and thrust the empty paint bucket into Demetri's arms. 

"Fill it then return it to my chambers." Demetri nodded and softly smiled, even if he had not spoken to Amardad yet he knew, simply knew that they would be great friends.

***

End of Chapter Question: What do you think of Demetri being Amardad's best friend?