Chapter Four

Jane walked out of the throne room with a small frown on her petite face

Jane walked out of the throne room with a small frown on her petite face. She had really started to like Amardad, and she was almost certain that the Masters would kill her. Nevertheless she walked dutifully back to the door leading to the small garden. She pushed open the door and looked for Mara. 

"Mara?" No answer. Jane walked further into the garden, it had become practically abandoned when Master Marcus had given Lady Didyme a larger one for their wedding anniversary. She sat down on the bench feeling relaxed, a feeling that she had not felt in a very long time.

"Jane?" Mara opened the other gate that led out of the grounds and made her way towards her. "Is everything alright? You look distressed." Jane shook her head, and raked her mind for the correct way to get her to follow calmly. "My... Employers would like to meet you." 

"In the castle?" Mara's eyes widened. "Does this count as a tour?" Jane shook her head, suddenly slightly worried, did she know about vampires?

"No, perché?" Mara shrugged, "My sister, Isabella told me that they were not something that I should do..." Jane nodded, so Mara did not know about vampires, good, maybe the Masters would let her live.

Jane got up, and lead Mara towards the door leading into the castle. "Oh, wow." Mara's eyes flitted around examining her surroundings.

"It's beautiful here. I guess Bella was mistaken." Jane raised a dainty eyebrow, "You're sister?" Mara nodded, something that she seemed to be doing a lot lately. "Yes, she prefers Bella." Jane led her through another corridor, passing paintings that seemed to be of Greek gods.

Jane started to panic as she approached the double doors, somehow, for some weird reason, being around Mara made her relax and be happy. Jane sighed before hugging the younger girl. "Oh." Mara murmured before returning the hug. 

Jane pushed open the doors leading Mara inside hesently. Aro was looking gleefully at the girls as they entered. "Ciao, Miss. Swan, I'm Aro." Mara's eyes snapped to Aro and she was confused as to why he would have red eyes. 

"No offence, but are you okay?" Aro raised an eyebrow, silently starting to like the girl. "Yes, I'm quite fine." Mara's eyes wandered, she turned to look at another man who seemed older than Aro, he held a small smile on his face.

Mara then noticed the most beautiful person she had ever seen. He had light blonde bordering with white hair and a angular face. Marcus offered his hand to Aro who accepted it, Aro's eyes widened with glee at what he saw in Marcus's mind.

"Brother, it seems as you have found you're mate."

***

***

End of Chapter Question: What do you think Caius will do?