Chapter Thriteen

Amardad glared at Demetri as they walked back to the castle, "Why the hell did you say that you were my boyfriend? 'Cause, you're not!" Demetri glared back at her, "Oh, well why didn't you tell me that you had a boyfriend, hmm? It's kind of a big ...

Amardad glared at Demetri as they walked back to the castle, "Why the hell did you say that you were my boyfriend? 'Cause, you're not!" Demetri glared back at her, "Oh, well why didn't you tell me that you had a boyfriend, hmm? It's kind of a big fact." Amardad walked faster, Demetri easily matching her pace, "Well now I'll have a reputation of being a cheat."

Demetri rubbed a hand over his face, before looking at her with an annoyed look, "Well from what I understand you only went on one date with the guy, and he never asked you to be his girlfriend. So you're fine." The pair arrived in no time to the gate to he garden and Amardad flung it open and walked in slamming it in Demetri's face who looked very startled, "Hey!" Demetri easily opened the door and caught up to her, "Okay, I'm sorry," He started, "I shouldn't have told him that I was your boyfriend, but don't worry" He smirked, "I only like you as a friend, and I don't swing that way anyway."

Amardad kept walking at a steady pace but decided to keep that little tidbit of information for further examination. Perhaps she could find out herself who Demetri's mysterious crush was. The pair walked in silence all the way to Caius', and she presumed her now, chambers. Demetri opened the door silently letting her walk past him before setting the bags down and closing the door, leaving her alone once again.

Amardad sighed as Demetri left the chambers, she tiredly rested her forehead against the mahogany door and took a deep breath to calm herself. It had been warm outside even though it was cloudy. She could only compare this weather to that of Forks... This time of year it would have been cooler but then again she had always preferred extreme cold over extreme heat, she could only imagined what Volterra would be like in the heat of summer. Boiling. She glared at the door and her face twisted into a scowl.

That's right, she could only imagine the temperature as she wouldn't be here then. She would be home, and she was certain of this fact. How stupid she had been, following Jane into the castle in the first place. Her parents had taught her not to go anywhere with strangers but alas she had gone with the kind, pained looking stranger who she had taken a liking to.

She should have just told Jane that she was sorry for trespassing on her property and that she would now be on her way and not to worry about her coming back. Amardad pushed herself off the door with her hands and decided to get some more paint so that this dreary place could be just a tad bit more cheerful. She walked to the door and surprisingly it was cracked open. She pushed it and took in a sharp breath as she noticed Caius behind an easel, painting. Caius turned towards her, looking somewhat kinder than the day before.

"Amardad." Caius acknowledged her before turning towards his painting again. The girl in question crept closer and took a peek at what he was painting. It was beautiful. There was a girl and she seemed to be dancing or twirling in the center of a field full of flowers, ranging from the softest white to a dark purple that bordered on black. The sky was lit with a golden glow and some stars were already gracing the sky. "It's pretty." She glanced up at Caius, him being quite taller than her 5'9" frame. She had absolutely no clue as to why she said it, but she felt relaxed this close to him, and the painting was nice.