Chapter Twenty Three

When Caius had received the Major’s call that he was with his mate and she was injured, his first instinct was to immediately go to her, but the Major, cool and collected as ever, managed to calm him down and convince him that it was better if the...

When Caius had received the Major’s call that he was with his mate and she was injured, his first instinct was to immediately go to her, but the Major, cool and collected as ever, managed to calm him down and convince him that it was better if they came to him.

Now seeing Mara run towards him, he couldn’t help but feel immensely relieved. He, of course, noticed her arm wrapped up in a tight sling that he was sure that the Major had done but he calmed a bit.

He caught her in his arms and hugged her as tightly as he could without hurting her. He glanced up towards the plane where the Major stood at the door glancing at them with a small smile. “Congratulations, she seems like a lovely girl.”

The Major had spoken with such softness that only the vampires could have heard him. “Thank you, Jasper. I’m in your debt.” Jasper shook his head and smirked before turning and heading back inside the plane.

Caius looked down at his little mate and lead her to the waiting car. They got in and Amardad contented herself with telling Caius about everything that had happened in Forks. “We went to a cute pond and there were so many ducks!” She looked him deep in the eyes while smiling from ear to ear, “Ducks, Caiu-”

She gasped and tears formed in her eyes. “Mi Amor!” Caius panicked looking her over for injury before remembering what Jasper had told him. The Major had said that he was removing the painful emotions but Caius had forgotten that Jasper had only a 100-mile range, and how they were probably out of that.

While wrapping his arms around his hurt mate he got the attention of Felix who was driving the car. “Call ahead and tell them to prepare for her change.” Felix nodded and rolled up the window again, leaving Caius to console his little mate.

Caius cuddled her in his arms and cooed at her, though her crying only got worse. He caressed the side of her face gently and she looked up at him, her face streaked with tears. “Amor, when we get back we can start your change, okay?” She sniffled but after a moment nodded.

Amardad was scared, and she didn’t know a lot about the change other than it took around three days and it hurt badly. But her arm… Oh, how it hurt. At that moment, she didn’t think the pain could get much worse, honestly, so she nodded when Caius had told her and simply tried to focus on a happier time as her vision faded to black...

Amardad clapped her hands and grinned as her father finished the book. She loved listening to it and it was her favourite book ever! Once he had finished, her father had turned to her and smiled in return. Their relationship was always easy and they both had similar personalities though she was more extroverted.

“Bella’s coming, Mara.” She grinned and ran towards the window peering out of it. It was summer and Bella always spent a month in Forks with her.

When the car finally pulled up after, like, ten thousand hours Amardad scampered out the door, completely ignoring her so-called mother and hugged her sister. The girls giggled as they rushed inside and into the living room where most of Amardad’s toys were kept.