Chapter Seventeen

Hello beautiful people! During this chapter we'll be exploring more of Caius' history and past, but I feel like it's necessary to tell you this now because so many of you askes and I felt kind of bad about it: Caius' wife died a while ago by the g...

Hello beautiful people! During this chapter we'll be exploring more of Caius' history and past, but I feel like it's necessary to tell you this now because so many of you askes and I felt kind of bad about it: Caius' wife died a while ago by the group of werewolves, that's why he risked his life trying to kill them all. 

While she was he wife and he loved her greatly, she wasn't his mate so he loves Amardad way more than she. Another quick clarification: Marcus' wife is alive in this fic, I didn't want to think Aro a murderer to his own sister and Caius an acomplis. Now lets get into the story!

~~~

Mara sighted as she read her book, honestly is wasn't very interesting but Caius had said that he had liked it very much so she wanted to see why. She had left the hospital three days ago and after a long heart to heart with Caius.

He had looked very sad and it hurt her that he was feeling this way. "Why didn't you tell me Mara?" She sighed and shook her head, "I barely know you Caius, I still don't. I know were mates or whatever, but... This is moving too quickly, I don't even have my phone..." Caius had frowned, "Why didn't you tell the doctor something? Why didn't you make him kick us out?" 

Amardad hadn't spoken for a moment, "I... I guess I just couldn't. It's weird, Caius, but for some reason it hurts when your not beside me." Caius had frowned deeply, "I'm sorry. I though I was taking it all." 

She looked up, "Huh? What do you mean by that?" Caius had rolled his eyes and she had slapped his arm, they had grown close enough for her to do that and at this point she didn't really care anymore about making sure he didn't eat her.

"It's a maiting 'thing'," He had told her, "Since I'm the more powerful person in this," He gestured between them, "Relationship, I can change how much of the maiting bond you can feel. As I said I'm quite sorry, I truly did think that I had taken all the pain."

Caius had patted her hand hesitantly, and it had been the most physical contact that the two of them had. "Do not fret, young one. I will make sure you no longer feel the hurt."  She had then looked up at him from under her eyelashes, "Caius?" He had started at her seeming quite confused, "Yes, Mara?" 

"I was wondering if you knew where my phone was? I wanna call my dad." Caius' head had snapped up and he had looked angry. "No." Her shoulders had sagged. "Why not? I won't tell him anything! I promise, please Caius!" 

Tears had started rolling down her cheeks and he looked conflicted. "Very well, Amardad. But if you say anything at all-" She had nodded, knowing the silent threat. Caius had then gotten up and he disappeared into his office a moment before returning with her cellphone, hot pink case covered in stickers and all. 

She had gotten up to grab for it and he let her have it immediately and went to the corner of the room and leant against the wall, looking handsome. She pulled up her dad's phone number and it rung three times before he picked it up.