19. The YouTube Chef is Back

Start from the beginning

"Have you tried her cooking?" Eld asked curiously.

"Of course, we've tried it! There's also a restaurant here that has Y/n's recipe. And during our recruitment days, we noticed that there were some odd foods that she makes. She usually calls it Asian, European and hybrid variations of delicacy." Farlan answered. "Not only were they good for the health, it also tastes good."

Isabel turned to Levi who had put down the food tray that was supposed to be Y/n's lunch. "Aniki, why did you take her tray?" She asked.

"She just woke up, shouldn't that brat be eating some porridge?" He replied in annoyance.

Both Isabel and Farlan looked at each other seemingly to agree. Shouldn't those who just woke up from coma supposedly weak? Why does the little saintess looked so energised?

The group sat in the mess hall quietly but heard the rhythmic chopping sound from the kitchen area.

Levi was crossing his arms and feet while he sat on the chair with annoyance making the squad wonder what scuffle did their captain and the saintess had over why the two argued.

"Um, squad leader Farlan." Eld called hesitantly in a whispering manner. Farlan glanced at him and noticed  how he peeked through Levi and asked. "Did the captain had conflicts with the saintess in the past?" He inquired.

"Hmm, I don't think that's the case." Farlan replied thoughtfully. "They do argue sometimes but it's because Levi started them." Just like now. Levi stole her food and made some remarks that started the exchange...

Now that Farlan had thought about it, it seems like Levi has been calm and mature after Y/n slept like dead. He didn't initiate any unnecessary fights but his tongue was loose that it was hard not to acquire enemies.

But when Y/n woke up, he's not even holding back his temper in front of her knowing that the woman was usually unaffected by his remarks. What is his deal with Y/n?

The group were quiet until an hour had gone by. The girl finally returned from the kitchen holding a pot and placed it in the middle of the group.

She then pointed at Ulou, Levi's super fan and spoke. "Get some spoons and bowls." She demanded.

"Y-yes ma'am!" He ran off while Y/n looked at him with pity.

Son, I'm older than you, but do you look like the same age as my dad? She mentally asked. Was the training hellish these days that will make your fresh and young face turn to grandpa face?

The girl opened the pot, soon revealing a very tempting sent that make one drool. "I say, the bread is so tasteless I can't even swallow them properly." She explained, grabbed her wok and gave a short stir making the fragrance spread out.

"What did you make? Oh this looks familiar." Isabel asked peeking through the pot.

Y/n hummed. "Ramen from yours truly dr. Stone." She replied proudly.

"Yeah! That one!" The lady brightened up with bright eyes while the newbies looked confused.

"Dr. Stone?"

"The source of inspiration. A certain genius I met and taught me the ways of primitive cooking." She explained.

"Genius? Where is he now?" Eld asked with interest.

"Far away, dear." Another dimension if I may say so. "He taught it to me not even knowing that he did." Heh.

"How is that possible?" Petra asked.