55th Madness

***

New.

I swallowed the lump that was starting to form in my throat as I lifted my hand to knock on Tay's door but eventually hesitated.

He didn't go to the office earlier so I assumed that he was at his father's company.

I held the food containers tightly and closed my eyes as I knocked twice but I received no response.

I waited for a minute but the door remained closed.

"Is he not inside?" I muttered to myself and was about to head back to my unit when the door opened and I was pulled into a tight hug.

"What are you doing here?" Tay asked lowly and I immediately noticed how hot he was.

And I mean it literally.

"Hey, you're burning with fever. Let's get you inside first."

I helped him get back to his room so he could lie down but he wouldn't let my hand go when I told him I had to leave him for a while.

"Tay, I'm just gonna make you porridge. I'm not going anywhere."

"I don't want to eat. Just stay with me here first."

I let out a frustrated sigh and tried to pry his hands off my arm when I noticed the large portrait hanging on his wall.

"Wh-why is that picture here??" I asked nervously as I gawked at the large photo on his bedroom wall. It was taken years ago on one of our trips.

He had his arms wrapped around my waist while I cupped his cheeks. We looked so happy. I looked so happy. It was as if we were living in our world, our happy place. But I guess, you can't be happy at all times.

"I-I'm gonna make you some porridge," I changed the topic and attempted to get away from him but he just effortlessly pulled me back, dragging me to the bed with him.

"I feel cold. Stay with me for a while, please."

He sounded so weak and so was my heart for him.

I felt my skin tingle when he wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his face on my neck, rendering me breathless as I could feel his hot breath against my skin.

"Are, are you going to leave me for real?"

I cocked a brow at his question. His voice sounded as if he was about to cry.

"Weren't you the one who left me?"

"Can you not go? Please? I promise I'll be better. Just don't go to him, please," he pleaded and I could sense him stifling a sob.

"What are you talking about?"

"I saw Kav kissing you yesterday."

My heart almost shattered at how weak his voice was and I hated myself for being so weak when it comes to him.

Sigh.

Why did I even think of totally forgetting about you when I can't even afford to see you miserable??

"He, he was saying goodbye to me."