12th Madness

***

New.

My eyes fluttered against the sunlight that was lightly hitting my face, making me stir in bed.

With my eyes still half closed, I tried to reach out for the duvet to pull it over my body but instead of the said cloth, something else wrapped around my waist.

And surprisingly, it was warm.

I mentally slapped myself upon remembering that I was not in my own bed.

I heaved a deep sigh as I turned around to look at Tay who was still sleeping soundly. His light snores filled the air as his mouth was slightly open, his morning breath wafting on my face.

Tsss. How can his breath still smell this good??

I wanted to smack his head for sleeping beside me but who am I to rave when it was I who invaded his unit in the first place.

And besides, his face looked so calm that I couldn't afford to wake him up aggressively.

Trying my best not to create a sound, I slowly removed his hand which was still latched unto my waist. But even before I could completely remove his limb on me, he already tightened his grip, pulling me closer as he reached out his other arm and hugged me tightly.

"Tay, let me go."

I protested as I tried pushing him away but he just wouldn't budge.

Instead, he grabbed my head to his chest, making it seem like I was sleeping on top of him.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Five minutes. Just give me five minutes and I'll let you go."

"Oh shut up. Let me go this instant or else I'll sh-"

I couldn't even finish my statement as he pulled my head again and buried my face even more unto his chest before wrapping his leg on mine.

I almost jolted when I felt something hard against my leg and realized what it was.

"Urgh!! I swear I'm gonna kill you after this!"

His chest reverberated as he let out a chuckle, his morning wood brushing against my leg even more as his chuckle turned into giggles.

"Just think of this as a payment. After all, I let you sleep in my bed."

"Had I known that it would come to this, I would have just suffered inside my room than sleep with you again."

"Hey, you make it sound like we've been sleeping together for quite some time. But I like it."

I could feel my face blushing as I realized what he meant.

Or was I overthinking?

"Are you crazy?? Why would I sleep with you??"

"Oh, you just did, babe."

"Ugh! Stop calling me that? And will you please let me go?? Your loud heartbeat is bothering me. Have you been running in your sleep??"

I slightly gave him a pinch on the side hoping he'd loosen his grip on me and luckily it worked.

"Tss! You're so annoying! I shouldn't have just come here last night!"

I grabbed the nearby pillow and slammed it on his face, making him giggle, a total opposite of what I expected to happen.

"I'm never coming here again," I grimaced as climbed down his bed.

He was still sprawled across the sheets and I couldn't help but ogle at his figure that was evident through his sleeveless white shirt.