32nd Madness

Dedicated to idkwhyamihear

***

New.

"Babe, I'm assigned for a pre-wedding shoot today. Can you come with me?"

I heaved a deep sigh as I remembered Namtan's message last night. I didn't even tell Tay about it because I was sure he'd tell me not to go see her.

But I wanted to.

Something was telling me to go.

"Babe? Babe?"

"Huh?" I was immediately pulled out of my thoughts when Tay shook my arm. We were on our way to work and as much as I wanted to concentrate on whatever he was telling me, I just couldn't.

"Were you saying something?"

"Are you okay? You're spacing out."

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit of a headache," I lied.

"Do you want me to send you back so you can rest?"

"Nah, I'm just fine. You don't have to worry about me. What were you saying earlier?"

"Oh, I was thinking if you can come with me to the pre-wedding shoot but never mind. You just stay at the office so you can rest as well."

I just didn't say a thing and smiled at him.

One message received:

Please, New. I really need to talk to you but please don't tell Tay about this. I'll be waiting for you.

I heaved a deep sigh as I read her message. I didn't even know how she got my number but the fact that she didn't want me to tell Tay made me suspicious of what she wanted to happen.

Wasn't her conversation with Tay enough?

"Uh, babe."

"Huh?"

"Would you mind getting my bag from the backseat?"

"Oh, sure."

I quickly reached out for his bag from the backseat, stretching my arm as far as I could before successfully grabbing it.

It was then that I felt a kiss on my cheek.

"Huh?"

"You've been spacing a lot since this morning. Are you okay?"

He was looking at me softly and I could see he was worried about me. I didn't even intend to show it at all but it seemed that Namtan's message had been bothering me ever since and I didn't even know if I should tell him about it.

"You didn't even notice we're already here."

I immediately looked outside and discovered that we were in the parking lot already.

"I'm so sorry, babe. I, I'm just not feeling well."

"Come here. I'll give you a hug so you'd feel better."

I broke into a smile as he unbuckled both of our seatbelts and grabbed me into a tight hug.

"Should we just skip work? I wanna take care of you."

"Nah, I'll be fine. You don't have to worry about me. And besides, I don't have a lot to do today. I just have to go over the scheduling of the events we've received so far."

"Okay, but call me when you don't feel better, okay? Ugh, I really wanna cancel the shoot."

"Tss. Come on. I'll be fine. I swear. Okay?"