4th Madness

***

New.

"Thanks for the ride. I'll go ahead then," I bade him goodbye as I punched in the code to my unit.

"Aren't you inviting me in?"

"And why would I?" I asked, quite confused with what he meant.

"I mean, aren't you gonna offer me dinner or tea or coffee? I offered you a ride after all," he shrugged.

I gave out a loud huff. How can someone be as shameless as he was?

"Right, you offered. I did not tell you to give me a ride."

"Tss. Fine. I shouldn't have waited for you and just let you rot on the sidewalk."

I rolled my eyes, as he started walking towards his unit while mumbling.

"Urgh! Fine! Stop nagging my conscience and follow me!"

The idiot broke into a wide grin and walked inside my unit, even slightly pushing me aside like he owned the goddamn place.

"Tss. Is there anything you want to eat?"

"I can eat anything. Can I turn the TV on?"

God, how shameless can he be??

I just ignored him and checked the fridge for anything I could cook while he casually watched TV in the living room.

I'm not really used to others invading my personal space but right at that moment, I was sure as hell that he wouldn't stop bothering me until he got what he wanted.

I ended up cooking stir fried vegetables and pork for the both of us. I noticed him occasionally glancing at my direction but I chose to just ignore him.

"Hmmm. That smells good," he beamed as he took a peek at the pan.

"Can you just go back to watching TV and stop bothering me?"

"Never thought that you could cook."

"Tss. I'm not like you. I bet you haven't held a ladle your entire life."

"Are you underestimating me??"

Okay, he looked so offended. Was I wrong?

"You're right! I haven't prepared a decent meal my entire life. But I did fry some eggs before but I just burnt them," he said with a wide grin on his face.

Why is he so proud of his inability to feed himself??

"God. You're unbelievable."

"Tss. Don't worry. I'll make sure to hire a chef when we become boyfriends. Or you can teach me how to cook."

"Excuse me??? And who told you I want to be your boyfriend??"

"Oh, that's what others usually say when they get to spend time with me."

"Well, news flash, moron, there's no way I'll become your boyfriend. I still wanna live longer and have kids. God, just being with you in the same room shortens my lifespan!"

"Ouch, that hurts."

"Oh, quit the act. Come on. Let's eat so you can leave already."

***

"I feel so bloated. Thanks for the food."

I didn't say anything and just kept a straight face as he started caressing his stomach. He looked satisfied.

"I already did my part. You can now take your exit."

"Oh, come on. How can I let you do all the work. I'm washing the plates."