51st Madness

***

New.

A meal with Kav's parents was enough to make me sink on my seat. But a meal with Kav's parents while Kav and Tay took turns on putting food on my plate was more than enough to make me want to dig my own grave.

I heaved a deep sigh as Tay placed a large piece of meat on my plate. He was obviously picking a fight with Kav who then later placed a piece larger than what Tay just put.

"So, how long have you been friends with Kav and New, Tawan? It's Tawan right?"

Kav and Tay both looked at her while I just slapped both of their hands away from my plate.

How the hell did I end up sitting between them??

"Uh, it hasn't been a year, Ma'am."

"Mom, actually he's my bo—"

"Oh! I didn't expect you to be this young. You could pass as Kayavine's sister."

Kav's eyeroll didn't escape my gaze when Tay interrupted him and I even had to pinch my thigh to stop myself from laughing.

"Oh, you've got a good eye," she chuckled.

Kav just sank on his seat and huffed, his lips pursed as he crossed his arms.

"By the way, is it fine to stay here for a while, ma'am? I kinda miss my friends and I wanna spend some days with them."

Tay's statement made Kav stand from seat, making all of us look at his sudden outburst.

"No!"

I gulped nervously as Kav protested and slammed his hands on the table.

"Kav! Don't be rude!"

I flinched when his dad's voice thundered in the entire room.

"We have a visitor. Why are you acting like a brat?"

"But daaadd."

"What the hell are you doing?" I whispered to Tay. My hand was on his side, ready to give him a pinch if ever he did something unnecessary.

But he just shrugged and smiled at Kav's parents.

"Uh, it seems that Kayavine is not that happy to see me."

"Kay, don't be rude to your friend. Anyway, you can stay here as long as you want. I'll have the househelps clean one of the guestrooms for you."

That made me cock an eyebrow.

"Thanks, ma'am. I appreciate it."

"Well, I don't."

Kav's mother shot her son a glare and smiled back at Tay.

"I really love having Kay's friends over. He's rarely home and the only reason he's here is when he brings his friends. So I'm just so glad that you two are here."

Tay smiled widely at her before turning back to me.

"Where are you sleeping?"