43rd Madness

***

New.

"What are we doing here?"

I asked as I glanced at Tay who was already getting off the car.

After an agonizing 30-minute ride, we stopped in front of what seemed to be a private beach villa. I hesitated about going out as the silent treatment I was receiving from Tay was unnerving. But, I guess it was much better than being confronted about what I did earlier.

I tried to compose myself before going out, preparing on what to say to break the awkward silence between us. But before I could run a hand through my hair to fix it, the door opened.

"Aren't you getting off the car?" Tay asked with a straight face.

Fighting the urge to roll my eyes at him, I let out a small nod before getting out of the car.

"Why are we here? Is this where the expo is happening, Sir?" I asked, trying to sound as professional as possible.

"No. We're the only ones here."

"Oh, so are we---wait. What did you just say??" I gaped at him.

"We're the only ones here," he repeated before getting our bags and heading towards the villa.

"Wait. What are we doing here? I thought the event is gonna be for two days. Why are w---"

"This is your reward."

"My what??... Sir?"

"This is you reward for accompanying me yesterday. Treat this as your vacation from work."

It took quite some time for everything to sink in and it was only when he unlocked the villa's door that I realized what was actually happening.

"Wait. Don't tell me I'm spending a day with you...alone...in here??"

Tay just smirked.

***

I was getting bored out of my mind.

Ever since we arrived, Tay has been giving me the cold shoulder. The last time he uttered a word to me was an hour and a half ago when he told me to change into the clothes he brought for me.

But that was it!

Ugh! This has got to be the most boring vacation I ever had.

He was so immersed in his online meeting that he didn't even spare me a glance. Not even once!

I tossed and turned on the sofa, hoping he'd notice how bored I was but his eyes remained fixed on his laptop screen and I had this urge to slam that thing down.

What?! So his meeting matters more than I do now??

Ugh! How frustrating can this be!

I gave Tay one last glare before heading out of the villa and towards the beach.

Pssh! I'll just swim instead of dying out of boredom.

I was supposed to swim in the infinity pool but Tay could easily find me there so I decided to head to the beach instead. Tss. As if he'd look for me.

No one else was around the vicinity so I took the liberty to enjoy the scenery that was laid out in front of me. The crystal clear waters and the fine white sand made me forget the irritation I felt towards Tay.

I immediately took off the Hawaiian shirt Tay lent me and set foot into the water. I giggled as the thought of getting a dip excited me.

"Aaah. This is heaven!" I exclaimed as I took another step before waddling into the deeper part.