26th Madness

***

Tay.

The warmth of the sunlight seeping through the window woke me up the next day and I couldn't be happier with what I saw first thing in the morning.

It was New's face.

And despite his light snores and a little bit of drool that was starting to roll off his slightly opened mouth, he still looked incredibly adorable.

I slightly touched his nose, earning a scrunch from him but he still didn't wake up.

Instead, he snuggled closer to me and buried his face on my chest making me wonder what I have done in my past life to be able to finally experience one of the things I've been praying for ever since I realized my feelings for him.

Off calling...

I glanced at my phone and contemplated if I should answer it.

As much as I wanted to get up so I could answer the phone without disturbing New, I couldn't even move a muscle as he started wrapping his legs on mine.

"Hmmm. It's so noisy. Just answer it," New stirred before rubbing his nose. He still had his eyes closed and didn't even bother greeting me a good morning.

"Good morning, babe. Did I wake you up?"

He just shook his head and went back to sleep, probably.

I tried to ignore Off's calls but the moron just wouldn't stop.

"What? It's still too early, Off," I whispered through the phone.

But the voice on the other line was far from Off's.

"Where are you? I thought you're gonna keep your promise and spend time with me. You're not even answering my calls."

It was Namtan.

I kept silent for a moment and contemplated on what to say, but even before I could explain to Namtan, New had already grabbed my phone.

"Yah, Off. You've got a lot of explaining to do to Gun. Tss, my ears almost bled from his rants. You better take care of my friend or I'm gonna break your bones," he grumbled still with his eyes closed.

He then handed the phone back and kissed me on the cheek.

"Good morning, babe, " I greeted, completely forgetting the ongoing call on my phone.

"Good morning. Ugh, I still don't wanna get up."

"Come on. We're gonna be late to our schedule. And besides, don't you wanna see the fish?"

"Tss. What am I? A little kid? But do they have Nemo?"

"Nemo? You mean, finding Nemo?"

"Yes, Nemo. I've been wanting to see one ever since but I couldn't find the chance to go snorkeling."

"Maybe? I bet they also have Ariel in there. How about seeing Ursula, too?"

"Tss. Silly. Mermaids aren't real," he grumbled before getting off the bed. "I'm gonna take a shower first."

"Don't you wanna take a shower with me?" I teased, earning a dangerous glare from him.