28

I skipped math today, if I have to spend after school hours with Chalut then I would at least want to get out of math with him.

We had an assembly for the first time which was weird, our whole grade went into the auditorium and the teachers gathered on the stage.

"Students." The head teacher announced, "This weekend we will be going on a school trip to Washington, with your parents permission of course. It is for your history projects, but even if you don't study history here you can still go for your education. We will need a $5000 fee, for the buses, hotel, site seeing and more. You will have to share a room with one person of your choice, the same gender and we will need the notice from your parents today. Now, any questions?"

"How long are we staying for?" Someone asked,
"Two nights-we will leave Saturday morning and come back Monday morning."

A few more people had questions to ask but I just went on my phone the whole time.

My mother texted me saying she had said yes to the trip, which I didn't even want to go to. So now I'm being forced to go stay in some sh*tty hotel with people I don't like. Although Chelsea was going so we will share a dorm.

It was time for tutoring with Chalut, which I'd been regretting all day.

"Great, your both here!" Sir said, "now, I have a staff meeting so I'll leave you to it."

He left the classroom and Connor got study books out.
"Sir's not even here, neither of us want to do math so we might as well just leave." I suggested,
"Your final grade is relying on me, plus if you get at least a C I get extra credit on my report."
"Seriously?"
"Although my father is a very wealthy man, I'd still like my own success unlike you." He spat in his annoying British accent.

I sat through hours of endless math torture, and I was still here.

"Would you f*cking listen?" He said, raising his voice.
"It's 6pm, I'm starving."

He grabbed me tightly by the neck, towering over me.
"I don't want to be here y/n but I'm responsible for your grade now so just shut the f*ck up and listen."

I stayed silent, I didn't really know what to say. I couldn't appear weak to him, but I couldn't think of anything else to say.

He took his hand off my neck aggressively, jolting my neck forward.

I still didn't listen but eventually he let me go to get my dinner.

I ate with Chelsea as we planned stuff for our trip, it seemed fun now I'd be with her the whole time.

—————————————————————————
It was Friday now and I was so excited for the dance, mainly just so I could wear this dress but still.

I wore all gold and blue except for the pearls Ezra gave me which were staying on my wrist forever. They didn't match my outfit but I couldn't care less.

I met up with Jayden before we walked in,
"You look..like a literal goddess." He said and I laughed,
"Wow, I don't even get a compliment?" He scoffed,
"You look like a literal goddess too." I teased, we both laughed as we walked down the stairs to the ballroom.

I saw everyones eyes lay right on us, I guess I really didn't match the dress code.

"Very bold christmas color." Jayden smirked.
"It was the only dress I liked." I said as we walked to the bar.

We couldn't drink but the bar made some cool mocktails.

We danced nearly all night, talking a lot.

"Where were you last night? I forgot to ask you."
"I had to do math tutoring with Chalut. It's like torture-every Monday and Wednesday."
"Don't you spend enough time with him already?"
"It's not like I do it by choice. I'm failing math and our teacher is forcing us."
"Yeh, but I told you not to talk to him."
"It's not like I want to!"
"Your making it seem like you do y/n."
"Whatever, I'm going to bed."

"Y/n, I wasn't done!" He said running after me, grabbing hold of my wrist.

I yanked my arm away from him. Suddenly perfect white pearls were bouncing up and down the whole ballroom, he'd broken my bracelet. My heart shattered, a deep feeling in my stomach swirled whilst my eyes watered.

I panicked and got down on the floor, picking them up.
"Relax, it's just a bracelet-I'll pay for a new one."
"Why can't you just use your brain for f*ck sake!"

I started crying, rummaging through everyone trying to gather all the pearls while everyone just stared.
"Y/n stop, I said I'd get you a new one."
"You can't replace it!"
"I'll get you a better one then."
"Ezra gave me that bracelet! Are you that f*cking dull!" I shouted, wriggling through everyone.

Jayden got down and started to help me,
"Go away Jayden. Please."
"I'm sorry, I'm trying to help."
"I really don't want to talk to you right now."
"Fine! Don't have my help. Carry on crawling looking for these pointless pearls that are probably all crushed by now." He stormed off.

I started sobbing even more but I managed to collect 9 out of the 15 pearls.

I waited till the dance ended and everyone started leaving till I looked again. I was still crying, it was the only thing I had to remember him by that weren't photos. Now it was ruined.

I gave up and sat on the floor, my back leaning against a wall. Chalut was sat at the bar, staring at me-he was the only one here.

"You seem sad." He said as if my face wasn't flooded with tears,
"I don't even think I could put words to what I'm feeling." I laughed a little, wiping my eyes.
"I had a rough night too. This girl I was dating ended things with us."
"Was that the girl you were f*cking in your dorm the other day?"
"Wow, have I got a stalker?"
"I was just walking by, pretty sure people could hear her from downstairs."

We sat silent for a while,
"You never told me why you were so upset." He said, sitting down next to me.
"Jayden broke the only thing that Ezra left me, and now I can't fix it."
"What was it?"
"A pearl bracelet." I opened my hand which held the pearls I'd found.
"You could turn the into earrings-and rings."
"It's just not the same." I started to tear up.

His hand brushed against my thigh, sending butterflies through my body. I got up,

"I need some sleep." I said as I walked away, he scoffed.